Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk offers the few apples he has left to Sen and Howell while talking to Ceasar "If you really want to go hunt FluffyTail and Buttonnose then you can go down the path over there" and points at the trail he just came out of earlier "you will reach a stream then you can just go up it a short bit. I found them there eating some clover and greens. Very charming and pleasant but a little short on their manners for they never stop eating while I was talking to them" then bites into one of the apples.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks at Tuk and Caesar as she sharpens her dagger, ponders a moment then says, "Perhaps Tuk can find us a poor creature in pain that is ready to head back to the Goddess that would be willing to give up it's life. I think if we can replenish a little just before we go into the Ruined Land that would be good. None of us has rations to spare and we've already consumed a day's worth of them." With that she accepts the apple Tuk offers her then looks down and returns to sharpening her dagger.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk glances over Sen with a hurt expression "If the Goddess puts one of her hurt children in my presence then it is my privilege to do what I can do to heal that child of it's pain be it with four feet or two. I will not inflict pain or harm on one of her children unless I have no other choice".
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

While in camp, you hear a faint singing accompanied by the mournful melody of a recorder coming from the north. As the sound draws nearer, the musicians come into view. You see a man and a woman walking slowly down the path. The man plays a slow tune on a recorder while the woman sings solemnly in a tongue you don't recognize. When they catch sight of you at the campsite, they stop their music. As the pair draws nearer, the man calls out to you in common, "hail, travelers. What brings you to this sad land?"
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks up as the man and woman approach the camp then rises and says, with a smile, "I am here to offer protection to my companion." With a motion of her dagger she indicates Tuk.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The man nods slightly at Sen. "A noble aspiration" he remarks. "Though perhaps a foolish one."

"I am Eldrae" the woman says "and this is my companion Heryth."

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

"Foolish?" Sen's eyes narrow as she frowns. Then she let's her face resume it's pleasant aspect and says, "I am Sen. May I ask what brings you to this land?"
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The woman replies, "We were part of a group of treasure hunters setting out into the Ruined Lands. We thought that it would be easy to find treasure. We know better now. On our fourth day in the woods, we were ambushed by goblin-folk. They slew many of us before we drove them off. Heryth and I were the only survivors. We fled from there, and hid in the woods for a couple of days. We are now heading back to Celob and then to our home in Torumila."

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk who comes up to Sen's waist in height walks over to where she is sitting so he is close to eye level speaks quietly to Sen "He probably meant no ill will with his comment but stating what he views as truth in his eyes. I do truly enjoy your companionship with me" then walks closer towards the travelers "Heryth and Eldrae, I'm Tuk" gestures at the others of the group starting with Sen "You met Sen who is a wonderful person, over there is Howell, and the other one is Ceasar. We go to the Ruined Land for many different reasons that range from personal to what the Goddess asks to be done. That is truly a reason to sing such a sad song".
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Yes, it truly is" replies Heryth. "Perhaps we could camp with you tonight? We need a place to camp."