Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk smiles "If you wish to join us as we explore the land here then please do so . If you chose not then may the Goddess protect you" then looks at Raven while wiping the mud off his face and slings it at Raven.

Tuk dips his face in the water to wash off the mud then looks up at Raven and smiles a creepy innocent smile at her before moving down the stream to the new girl "Let's walk and talk if you wish to travel with us."
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn nods and gives an understanding look. "It makes sense that if the friend is lost, then to go looking for them. It is a worthy cause and as Grandfather would say, a worthy cause is the best cause. It is good to have companions for the road, especially with the corrupted hounds being ridden all over."

She gives a serious nod and then begins to walk down the stream in the direction the others were heading. She suddenly speaks up again, "Is your friend a comedian to? Is that why you're looking for them? Is it part of your act?"
In the end, only silence remains.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven sighs a little sigh and says to the other girl, "I'm sorry. I should have said that their friend...well...that she was", she glances at Tuk apologetically, "killed by a wolf."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk stumbles then moves over to the bank of the stream and sits down while his body starts to shake with sobs. He pulls his knees up to his thin chest before he wraps his bony arms around his legs.

"I know that the Goddess has her reason for taking her away from me" barely understandable due to the sobbing "but I miss my Sen".
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn looks a bit taken back and shakes her head, wondering why they hadn't just said so instead of making her look the fool. She frowns and suddenly understands why the halfling is crying. Figuring it's her fault for upsetting him, the small elf moves over and crouches by the halfling, putting a hand on his shoulder reassuringly, "There is a cycle of life and your friend is simply returning to the planet. Your Goddess I think is the same as mine, it doesn't make it easier, I know I cried when Grandfather died, but there is a peace that comes with that and knowing you are once again joining with the land."

The young elf pats him on the shoulder, her words sounding reassuring in her own head, who knows if they'd console anyone else.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk leans into the girl and sobs "I know the cycle of life and she is all of what there is but it hurts to lose one of my packmates".

After a few minutes, Tuk calms down and splashes his face with water before getting up "We can't stay here any longer. We need to move."
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn gives the halfling one more half hug and then stands up with him and begins to follow the direction he is going, pulling her spear from her backpack and using it as a walking stick she hums lightly to herself, a tune with no discernible melody.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk starts walking down the stream edge while chanting to the tune being hummed

"May clarity grow within me
Open my eyes to life's many wonders
May I feel the pulse of all creation within me
Open my spirit to Awareness
Fill my heart with deeper Understanding
May my life be of service to Earth and the Goddess

Open my ears to the needs of those around me
Make my hands strong, sure, & gentle in your service
May I remember always, the Goddess works through me
".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven doesn't quite know what to make of this sudden rapport between the Halfling and the Elf girl and for a moment she feels irrationally jealous and left out of things but then she shrugs and smiles to herself and glances at Caesar and Howell. "I guess we better get going too." she says a little ruefully.