Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Jered Taikith

Re: Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

Post by Jered Taikith »

After resting for a bit Sen gets back up and says, "I'll go have a quick look around, be right back." Picking up her sword she heads away from the little camp her footsteps as light and quiet as she can make them. Searching the surrounding area she keeps her eyes and ears sharp for any detail or sound that seem out of the ordinary.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Sen scouts about, looking for danger. The forest stretches out around her. Small shrubs and ferns reach up from the ground towards the sky. Trees with oval leaves hang above Sen. Striped trunks burst out of the ground, topped by leafy canopies. Birds slowly flit through the air, and the slight noises of insects are barely perceptible.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Not seeing or hearing anything out of the ordinary Sen pauses for a moment and plucks at the front of her tunic, pulling it away from her glistening skin to let in a bit of cool air. With a deep sigh of contentment she drinks in the smells of the forest air and lets them wash through her. With one more look about her she heads carefully back to camp.
Last edited by Jered Taikith on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Back at camp, the companions set up their bedrolls and got out some food.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Since Tuk found nothing while searching out from the camp, he walks back into to start setting up his sleeping gear "The Goddess did not feel we needed her blessings while we camp here tonight so I guess we get to break out the rations" then pulls out some rations to eat.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Caesar hunts around for some dry wood which he
finds and uses to start a small fire.Then he gets out his rations and begins to chant a blessing.

Y'Var un ta'rin Elan.
Ka'lara Si na ta'urna Sa wirda

He then begins to eat.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen is suddenly very tired and, without even taking out her blanket, lies down on the ground with her head on her pack. Taking her sheathed sword in her hand she curls up around it and closes her eyes.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk smiles at Ceasar's prayer then makes his prayer

"Oh Goddess
Bless this food
Which is your body
Bless this day
With your abundance
Bless my spirit
With your light
Thank you great Protectress
"

then offers part of it to Sen "If you don't have enough, you can have some of mine".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen opens her eyes slightly and murmurs, "Thank you Tuk. Sweet of you. But I have food in my pack." She gives him a little smile then closes her eyes again, turns over, and curls up into a tighter ball. "Wake me when it is my watch." she says softly.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

As the companions began to rest, they can hear the sound of the nearby brook (yes, there is a brook nearby). The night is peacefully still. Small white tri-petal flowers dot the undergrowth. The croak of a frog can be heard from somewhere nearby, probably the stream.