Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

Post by -1warrior »

The companions walked along the path, looking from side to side. The forest was rather silent, Tuk observed. A strange effect of the Ruined Lands, perhaps?
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
konrad13

Re: Part Two: Into the Ruined Lands

Post by konrad13 »

Howell journeys on. Having grown up n the coastal areas, he's not too sure how any other places sound, so he's not taken aback much by the quiet wilderness.
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen walks along with the others, the silence of the woods starting to worry her. There should be the sound of birds chirping or insects buzzing but there are not.

Making up her mind she says quietly to Howell, "Please stay close to Tuk and Caesar and stay on the path. I don't like this quiet. Either something is watching us or at the least something is close by making the animals remain silent. I will go on ahead and scout the best I can."

Sen takes her bow in hand and pulls an arrow from her quiver. With weapon ready she leaves the path and heads a little ways into the wood and then in a direction parallel to the path staying ahead of the little party coming along behind. Moving as quietly as she can while still moving faster than a walk she listens and looks for any hint of an ambush or a camp.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Sen cautiously scouts ahead, but can see nothing visibly dangerous. The forest is still eerily quiet, at least to her ears.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk is walking along quietly, almost unnerved by the silence but trying not to show it or at least much. Moving over to the edge of the path and examines the woods closer for signs of animal life such as tufts of fur, bark scrapings, dung, and other signs.

Ignoring the group as they move along, Tuk slows then stops while standing still with his hands on his hips. Looking at the woods and foliage, Tuk guesstimates what type of animals that could live in the area then calls out in a similar sounds in an attempt to get a callback but after a minute and no responses, Tuk moves on in an attempt to catch up with the group.

Once with the group Tuk notices that Sen is gone and runs up to tug on Howells leggings "Where's Sen? Where did she go? She could be in serious danger?"
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen, disturbed by the continuing silence and by not being able to find a single reason for it, rejoins the party.

"Tuk. Howell. Caesar. I think we're in serious trouble. Remember last night what Eldrae said? She said it was quiet in the woods when about mid-day around twenty goblins struck their party and some of them were riding dire wolves. She also said they were led by a shaman. Couldn't this shaman be causing this quiet? I think we need to find a place we can defend in a hurry and fortify it if possible and I think we need to get off this path so we don't make it too easy for them to charge us. In a pinch a thicket will do especially if we can fill the gaps between the trees with bramble and underbrush."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Tuk doesn't find anything interesting. The woods are still very quiet.

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"I agree with Sen we should get off the path."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The wood is still quiet. Dappled sunlight shines down on the trail. Trees loom on both sides of the path.

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Cold chills run up Sen's back. She looks around and says, "We need to get off this path. Now! Follow me!" Motioning for the others to follow her Sen heads off the path towards the most likely looking defensible that is nearby.