Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk frowns as his focus is disrupted by the insect sounds "I have a bad feeling" and tries to piece together things he noticed. He stands still with his head tilted to one side as Tuk flicks his gaze from one point to another as his face shows how deep in thought he is. "I've smelled pollen earlier, an overwhelming amount of pollen. Now the insects are growing almost unnaturally loud." Head snapping up and eyebrows arched high "We might be close to a bee hive. Maybe an unusually large one at that".
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

The elven druid nods her head at Tuk's statement. "The comedian is right, it is an evil act to kill something just for what it is. If they were invading your land, then it's defense."

As the buzzing gets louder, she raises her voice, "If you are starving and want to eat them, then it's fine to kill them. Or if they attack you..."

The buzzing starts to grow too loud. She looks around and frowns, "Now is a good time to get out of the river right? Maybe we can go back some and get out so we don't disturb the hive."
In the end, only silence remains.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven looks at Tuk and Caoilfhinn and gives a deep sigh. "If you both feel this way then I will not insist. I would be a fool to do so because trying to lead a divided group into combat would be worse than murder. I also will not try to lead this group anymore because a group does need a leader, someone that the others agree they will follow no matter what because, if they don't have this agreement, that group is already all dead. There will be no time, when we are attacked, to decide who will do what or who thinks this or who thinks that. There will only be time to die. If the goblins find us they will attack us and try to kill us. I don't want to die in these lands but neither will I abandon any of you. Just, please, if I die out here don't cry over me because you will have killed me. Now lead." With that Raven gets up and, with a shake of her head, stands a ways apart and sets herself to keep watch.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

As the companions prepare to depart, a pair of huge flies zips down from the treetops. They buzz around the companions several times. They seem aggressive.

(What do you want to do now? Combat hasn't started , and you may be able to prevent it)
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

On seeing the flies Raven wraps her hand around the hilt of her two-handed sword and prepares to draw then looks to Tuk to see what he wants to do.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"I think we should leave we can head toward the riverbank."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk grabs the last bit of fruit he had from a pouch. The bruised and over ripen fruit is tossed to the edge of the stream bank away from the group "If you have any fruit, you might want to toss it over there as we carefully leave the area. They are just hungry and we disturbed them. Who wouldn't be grumpy" and starts to calmly move out of the area.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn nods at Tuk, taking the apple she had been saving for her own dinner out of a pouch. She takes a bite from the piece of fruit before tossing the apple over towards where Tuk had thrown his. With her hands free, she pulls her bow from her shoulder, fitting and arrow while backing away from the giant flies.
In the end, only silence remains.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven doesn't have any fruit so, keeping her eye on the flies, she follows Tuk.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

When the fruit falls to the ground, the flies head towards it. The companions quickly flee away.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)