Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Persephone

Re: Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn is all grins as she pulls herself out of the water, farther away from the insects. "I love peaceful resolution. No sense killing anything that doesn't need to be killed, particularly something just hungry for a snack that we didn't need."
In the end, only silence remains.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk nods as he continues to move farther away from the insects "They are just innocent children of the Goddess and did not want to harm us. Giving them spoiling food was just a way to following her wishes".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven follows along wondering just what she saddled herself with. She is in near despair on trying to figure out how to protect people who will not fight until the situation is dire and who will not rid the world of evil creatures that will undoubtedly kill others for as long as they exist. She thinks back to her days in the Guard and of all the people she knew who paid with their health, their limbs, their very lives so that others could be safe. She has given these people sound advice, has offered them her protection, has given up the position of leadership a group of adventurers must have in a dangerous land yet, for all that, she feels as though the others are chastising her, thinking her some sort of senseless savage. Her heart is heavy and her footsteps plodding. She thinks seriously of leaving, of not exposing herself to more of this abuse but...she pauses...she has given her word. She curses herself for a fool and continues on following the blithely blind Halfling.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

The elven druid moves along, completely unaware of the fighter's dire inner musings. She was more than happy to avoid the goblins and the flies. She wasn't about ridding the world of evil or even really of righting any kind of wrong. She was just traveling and see everything there was to see.

As they walk along, she grins happily at seemingly nothing. "You know, for this being called the Ruined Lands, I haven't come across anything ruined."
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven nods distractedly at Caoilfhinn, "Yes. Looking around anyone would think that this land was just one day abandoned. That it's inhabitants just packed up and left. Except. Except that it is only in this land that creatures who are born, live, and die evil exist. In the other realms there is, of course the evil that people do by choice or the good that people do by choice but only here, in the Ruined Land, exist the creatures called by the evil emperor. Called from some dark hole of existence where only evil exists. Called them from there and set them loose on this land." Moodily she continues, "And now we have a chance to help to heal this land of that evil and we walk away from it. I follow the Goddess as the two of you do but do not ask me to count any evil creature in this land as Hers for they are not. They are abominations. All of them."
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn shakes her head, "But if they are all contained to just this land, why are we going in to kill them all? And if there are holes that things are coming out of, why not just fill them up with rocks or collapse their tunnels? It seems like a pretty easy solution to me."

The druid nods at her own sage words, thinking she has come up with a rather brilliant and peaceful solution.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

"It would be nice if they were, indeed, contained only in this one land by some force that kept them there. But, unfortunately, they are only contained in the Ruined Land by the efforts of those who guard the borders of the Kingdoms we call home or our own homes would soon be overrun. As for the holes...well, in a way of thinking I suppose those holes were already blocked when the land was ruined and all the evil that is here now is the evil that was summoned then. No one knows to my knowledge. Perhaps that hole is open however and should be closed. How to close it though...that would take great magic I think. Very great magic." Raven finishes and gives the elven girl a look full of worry.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn looks at Raven, noticing the worried look and can't help but wondering if she's behaving oddly again. She decides not to ask though. "Well it would have to be a pretty big hole to need magic to fill it, but then again it would also have to be pretty big to let all these creatures out. They are a little bit larger than gophers."

She appears to think again, "Well why would it be up to us to kill the goblins if they are just going to be killed by the border guards? Maybe we should let them worry about goblins and we can worry about fixing ruined things, right?"
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven gives a dry little chuckle and says, "Well to me it's sort of like if you see a hurt animal and you know that there are people that may eventually come along that can heal it so you decide to just leave the child there as it isn't your concern since those other people are sure to come along. I couldn't do that."
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

The elven druid shrugs, looking at the others in the group and wondering what their thoughts are. She doesn't look upset or even annoyed, but genuinely interested as though they aren't discussing killing things, "I would definitely heal the little animal, unless it would never recover, then I would end it's suffering and let it return to the earth. But it's not my place to go looking for the injured animal either. If I did that, I'd spend all day doing nothing but helping hurt animals."

She looks confused for a moment, "Wait, is that supposed to mean something or are we talking about hurt animals? Did you see one around?" The druid turns to look at the path behind them and see the possible hurt critter.