Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Jered Taikith

Re: Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven smiles and says, "No not that I'm aware of. Set your mind at ease. Oh. And Tuk is a Halfling, not a Comedian. A Comedian is someone who amuses others as a means to earn a living. I was calling him that because...well because he was being amusing at my expense. It was a rather poor attempt at humor on my part." Raven shrugs.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk continues to walk without commenting on the discussion. A glance at him tells anyone that he is deep in thought and continues down the path they have chosen.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

As they continue to walk down the path Raven keeps her eyes open for a good place to make camp. One that has cover and also a nearby source of water. Looking around at the others she asks, "Did you all want to camp for the night soon or not?"
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

(It's about 5:00 p.m. now)
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk keeps an eye open for a safe campsite to point out to his companions. He is rather quiet and withdrawn during the conversation between Raven and Caoilfhinn.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn gives Raven an odd look as she explains about Tuk not being a comedian. The elven druid isn't entirely sure if she is being fooled again or if the explanation is as straight-forward as what the other woman is putting forward. Eventually she nods and gives a smile. She decides it's not worth worrying about and so she puts it out of her mind.

As the question of camping comes to mind she looks at the sun and then shrugs. "There is still some light for awhile. Maybe we should keep going unless we come across a good camp spot." She appears to think about something then looks at the others, "You'll have to remind me which of your races can see in the dark. I can never keep straight who can or who can't."
In the end, only silence remains.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven looks at Caoilfhinn as they continue walking and looking for a good campsite, "I can't speak for halflings but humans don't see well without some light. Sunlight is best. Moonlight is good. Sometimes, on a clear night, if our eyes are adjusted to the dark we can see a little by starlight."

After they walk a little longer Raven, who has been noticing Tuk's quiet, asks, "What is it Tuk? You are not your usual lighthearted self."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk starts to speak then stops to appear like he is trying to form the words to speak before he starts again “The Goddess hurts and she bleeds here. Killing her children that were twisted by the so called evil emperor does no good. We would be no better than the evil emperor if we sought out the twisted children just to kill them. They are just a symptom of her wound. The emperor cannot create her children but he can twist them to a vile image of his making. There are creatures here that probably are not the Goddess’s children but vile filth that was dredge out of the pits of the abyss and given shape” then pauses briefly to gather his thoughts into words “I agree that we will need to seek out the vileness that stalks the land but goblins and other living creatures such as those flies are just the Goddess’s children that were perverted. I will not hunt them down but I will defend my pack with my life if we are attacked”.

Tuk stops and turns to face Raven “You suggest that we hunt anything that we think is evil but who’s to think we are not evil for doing that. To hunt and kill something that does not look like us, act like us, or believe like us puts us on the path that will lead us down to the pits of the abyss and not help heal this land. We go on the hunt you suggested earlier, we will get worn down and probably die; that doesn’t heal the land. We stay small and not a threat while scouting out the land to find where this evil emperor and where the land hurts, we live and help the Goddess”

Tuk walks up to Raven “Yes, I act foolish. I clown around. I enjoy the breath that the Goddess put in my body every moment that I can for one does not know if the next breath will be their last” and stares at her without a smile or humor on his face “You want me to lead this group, fine, I accept it. You claim to follow the way of the Goddess, I do my best to live her way. Now everyone keep an eye out for a safe place to hole up for the night. If anyone spots one, point it out to Raven for she is trained to assess it properly”.

Tuk turns and starts walking again.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven considers Tuk's words for a moment and then shrugs. "Very well. I won't go hunting down something just because I think it's evil. Just so you know though. I'm not a priestess. I have ordinary wants like ordinary folk. I'd like to have some adventure. I'd like to explore. I'd like to find some treasure of my own. I'm not ashamed to say that I'd like to have nice clothes, a fine meal with fine drink, and a fine young buck to share myself with. And even, perhaps, enough gold to live comfortably when I'm too old for this."
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn hasn't been around the others for long enough to get a good handle on the mood. The comedian now speaks with authority and seriousness, and the human talks about copulating with a male deer. Things in this group were not what they seemed to be. "To each their own."

The elf startles herself some by speaking her thought out loud, then is all grins and nods at Tuk, "My eyes are open and searching for a good spot Leader Tuk!"
In the end, only silence remains.