Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Metroknight

Re: Part Three: Flight from the Goblins

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk comments in an offhanded manner "To kill something for it's money is wrong. If you wanted adventure then go cliff climbing on the coast, or explore a cave in one of the kingdoms. To come to the Ruined Lands just to hunt and kill things while looking for treasure will just leave your bones laying where you last stood" then glances over his shoulder "Do you see any ordinary folk around? No, you don't. Ordinary folk stay home, work their land or their business, make babies, live a long life if they are lucky. If you want to be an ordinary folk then leave the ruined lands now before you do something that gets you or us killed".

Tuk points out a small stand of trees that looks to have decent shelter and briars around it "Could that be a good place to settle in for the night" before continuing "The mission I'm on was given to me by the Goddess. It doesn't involve gold, heroics, or even adventure. It is just about the attempt to do my part in healing her. She aches and it saddens me to see her pain. Hunting and killing just prolongs her pain because we are not finding the wound, but just dealing with the symptom ".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

"I did not say that I wanted to kill people for their treasure. I said I wanted to have some. By all accounts this land is abandoned and rumored to be full of treasure, there for the taking. Many adventurers come into this land to get some of it. Do I deserve to be lectured as though I were some sort or repugnant life form? I will have you know, Sir High and Mighty and More Moral than Everyone, that I have been a member of the Guard all my adult life. Risked my life and limbs to guard those that could not protect themselves. Seen comrades cut down by people for no other reason than they wanted a copper or two off of them. So don't you DARE to lecture me on morality. And as for killing things, did I attack those flies? No. I waited to see what YOU wanted to do. And when I suggested we go and finish off those goblins it was because they WILL attack and kill again. And again. And again. They will kill men, women, and even children. I am SICK of your self righteous attitude." Raven says in a rage, biting out every word. Then, turning, she moves away from the party and sits, back against a tree trunk. Blinking back tears.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The copse of trees that Tuk had noticed did indeed look like a good campsite.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk stops and looks at her as a shocked and a hurt expression slowly forms on his face then without warning he darts off into the growing darkness, moving through the brush that only an halfling druid could move.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

"Tuk! Come back here you little idiot! Don't MAKE me chase after you or I SWEAR when I get my hands on you I will bend you over my knee and spank you like the spoiled brat you're behaving as!", Raven shouts. Sighing she gets back on her feet and says to the others, "Come on then. Help me find him." Raven then runs after Tuk following his trail best she can.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

With rage and grief battling it out in Tuk's mind, he races on into the darkness. Tumbling down a small slope, he picks himself up then scrambles back up the other side, winding his way through a dense thicket till he is deep inside it where he finds a small hollowed out area to flop down. Tuk pulls his blanket out, the same one that Grruff dragged over his body when she found and took him in, and curls up in it where he lays silently crying out all the pain he kept bottled up.

"Oh Goddess, what have I done that made you angry with me. Grruff went to be with you, Sen took a path that lead to your side. Neither of them wanted to stay with me. Now Raven, who you sent my way, wants me to be gone also. Well if that is the case, I will stay here and find my way here in the ruined land". Tuk whimpers softly but out loud.
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven crashes through brush and bramble picking up scratches and piercings from thorns along the way. "That's going to hurt for a while" she mutters, pulling out a long thorn that poked it's way into a tender spot on her chest through her armor.

Breaking through the last bit of bramble Raven looks down a small slope and spots the hindquarters of a hobbit wiggling it's way into some more dense brush. "What is it with Halflings and brush anyway?" she half snarls before leaping down the slope and bounding up the far side to where she saw Tuk burrowing.

Getting down on her hands and knees she peers into the gloom of the brush and sees a blanket covered form huddled on the ground.

After listening to Tuk for a moment she says drily, "Well Master Hobbit, you have a nice way of twisting things around. I never said I wanted you gone you know. As I recall it was you who said that I should leave. How do you think that made me feel eh?" More softly she says, "And I really don't think that Grruf or Sen didn't want to be with you. Death doesn't give people much of a choice in that matter. If they'd had a choice I'm sure they'd still be here. But this isn't all about what you want or what I want. Caesar came into the Ruined Land for his own reasons as did Howell and as did I and also you and also the elf girl. None of us is more important than the other and we all have to respect that we each get to follow our own path. I think, though, that we can agree to share that path for a while and cut each other a little slack. What do you think?" She pauses, then after a moment continues with mock severity, "I am going to spank you though if you make me come in there after you. I already have a hole in my...well...in my chest from chasing after you."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk stays huddled in the pile of a blanket that is in the middle of a briar thicket and squeals out "Go away".
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Raven rolls her eyes exasperatedly and waits for the others to show up.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Caoilfhinn follows after Raven and Tuk, wondering what exactly is going on and if this is more of that amusement for Raven's entertainment again. She figures something happened but isn't quite sure how to interpret it. She remains quiet and stops outside of the thistle, looking around and shrugging, she sets her pack down and begins to settle in as if this is the place they are camping for the night.
In the end, only silence remains.