Part Four: New Beginnings

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: Part Four: New Beginnings

Post by -1warrior »

"What do you want? We've got soup, stew, and roast goose." The innkeeper asks Holdar.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Lys finishes her drink and puts the empty tankard down before pulling three silver coins from her belt and handing them to the Innkeeper. "It's a bit early for lunch yet so I think I'll just head up to my room. If you could Matthew, please, send someone up with the hot water. I think I'd like to take my bath now." Leaning to the side she retrieves her backpack and quarterstaff before rising smoothly from her stool.

"Until later then." she says with a nod and heads up the stairs in search of her room. After a moment she finds the right door, opens it, enters the room, and closes the door behind her, placing the room key on the table.

With a sigh of contentment she sets her quarterstaff on the bed, her backpack on the floor, toes off her boots, and begins unpacking as she waits for her water.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Akarrus places 1 gold piece on the counter.Then he goes upstairs to his room.Once there he opens the window then he takes off his cloak,sword,and knives.He places the knives one under the pilow the other he places on the side table.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"Oh definitely the roast goose thanks" Haldor tells the innkeeper "And I'll take my bath when the water is ready".

For now Haldor just sits and enjoys the ambient conversation.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Daniel, I need a plate of roast goose out here! Easy on the gravy this time!" Matthew calls back into the kitchen. "Helena and Stella, get some hot water in the basins and take them up to the rooms. Just knock until you get someone this time!" He calls back through the same doorway. Then he turns back to Holdar. "So, what are you out here for? Heading for the Ruined Lands?"

SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

" To tell you the truth I don't really even know myself" Haldor admits sheepishly " I think I'm supposed to be meeting someone here, so I'm just waiting at the moment."
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

At these words, the cook strides out of the kitchen, carrying a steaming plate of slices of goose covered in a brownish-grey gravy. A large rolls sits next to them. The cook sets the plate down in front of Holdar. "There you go sir" he says before returning to the kitchen.

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Akarrus slides his knife in his boot.Then he comes downstairs he approaches the bar."Barkeeper I would like some food.As soon as you have time."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Very good. It's five silver for a meal." He replies promptly, still looking at the Ranger curiously.

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Akarrus places 5 silver on the counter.He opens his mouth as if to say something. The barkeeper can see hesitation in his dull green eyes as if he was trying to remember something.Then Akarrus says"Thank you for the service sir."
~Welcome To Night Vale