Part Five: The Hunters and the Hunted

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Nightwulf

Re: Part Five: The Hunters and the Hunted

Post by Nightwulf »

Akarrus stares at the two men his eyes are dark and emotionless behind his mask. "What would you like to hear?" He continues to eat watching the others and listening to their surroundings.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"You seem troubled at most times. You are paranoid if I may say so. Why?"
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Akarrus sighs deeply. The others can see pain and slight traces of fear in his eyes. "They say one's past is an enemy that you can not kill. I've been hunting someone for over twenty-five years now. I still don't know what they look like all I can remember is they had one dead eye and a scar that ran across their forehead. This man...he hurt me and my family in ways that I thought weren't possible. The absolute cruelty of the human heart still amazes me. I will find him and kill him that I've sworn by my dead sister,children,friends and wife. I'm all there is of my bloodline...the last one. Now do you understand? My darkness is all I have left. So I embrace it and use it as a tool for revenge. I have just told you what I've told only those who die by my hand as for my face...Well let's just say that it is the last thing they see."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"I see. A saddening tale, one not unlike my own."

-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"I was born a number of years ago in a fairly small town, the son of a well-to-do merchant. My father was a decent man, I suppose, though a bit cold. He put me and my older brother to work constantly. We helped out in his shop, doing odd jobs. He sent each of us to the local school. I hated the days of sitting in class. The other children thought I was an imbecile, for I never did well in class. I hated those children as well. But most of all, I hated my older brother. He treated me horribly, always mocking my incompetence, and shaming me at any opportunity. My loathing of him only grew as I gained years. When I was fifteen, my father left my brother in charge well he went on an important voyage to a distant country. My brother treated me like a slave for the two years that my father was gone. When my father returned, my brother told him that I had tried to kill him. My father was enraged, and would not listen to my denial of his claims. He threatened to turn me over to the guards, with orders to execute me. And so, at the age of seventeen, I fled home. But before I left, I attempted to kill my brother by poisoning a bottle of his favorite wine. Unfortunately, my brother gave the wine to my father, who died after ingesting the poison. I was truly horrified at what I had done, and I vowed never to return. And so ended my life as a merchant's son. I took only a few things with me, and never looked back."

He looks at you, mournfully. "Shall I go on?" He asks.

SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

please sir, your story is heartfelt and I must know the rest.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"Your past interests me...I would hear more of this tale." Akarrus sits down on the ground and lowers his hood.
~Welcome To Night Vale
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Very well" says Gerald. "What would you like to hear next? Some of my exploits perhaps? My adventures in foreign lands?"

Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"I would enjoy hearing of your adventures Gerald. If you wish to tell them."
~Welcome To Night Vale
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Yes, tell us of those.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."