Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward feels uncomfortable with all this talk of confrontation. He can't understand what has everyone else so disturbed. He has been having a wonderful voyage.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I think that presence of a young woman we do not know, urging him to take us into employment, is very strange. Especially one who does not want to be seen, or known by her real name. But no good will come of confronting the captain out at sea. Let's do it when we get to shore, if we are going to do it at all. Personally, I still think we should accept his offer, just so we can find out what the job is all about.

(SAID WILLIAM)

After this, he's just going to wait and see what happens over dinner. Unless anyone else starts talking about rocking the boat...
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Maybe we could just ask the captain if he heard of the great singer Lianai and that we heard rumors about her being on board. If we can reproduce the effect it had on the steward, we'll be fixed on if the captain is under her charm or not"
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elizabeth gets very pale. With a shaky hand, she puts down her mug of tea. "Did he just say two moons? I... I had a dream a few days ago, where someone told me to seek out someone at the two moons. So... yeah, I think I have to trust this setup, crazy as it seems." Her face contorts and she looks like she's about to burst out crying. She gets up quickly and goes to the corner of the room, clearly needing a moment to herself. Her crumpets lay untouched.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
artikid

Post by artikid »

"I don't think confronting the captain, his obviously magically talented ally, and most of all his crew while out at sea is a good idea." Says Kynndelic "We should try to play it safe, let's wait till we reach Caerton and then go talk to this Lianai."
Mint

Post by Mint »

After a bit the stewards begin the process of clearing away the meal leaving you little choice but to get up and leave unless you wish to be to cleaned up also.

You all go about your separate affairs for the rest of the afternoon and, when evening arrives, head to the Captain's dining room for dinner.

On entering you find the places all set and the Captain's steward welcomes you in and guides you to your chairs around the large round table. Finding your places you seat yourselves and after a few minutes Captain Galway appears, sits, and greets you all. The stewards bring in a plethora of covered dishes and help serve you all your meals and drink.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Just before the meal, Alrone tells everyone that he wishes to be the only one who sees Lianai to begin with.
Alrone greets the captain waiting for someone to take the first move...
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Thanks for the invitation captain, its always an honor to dine with you."

Joscelin pauses, and then ask, with (faked) timidity :

"As its our last meal together, I would have a unusual demand. You probably know if there is any musicians or singers on the ship ? I don't know, but a bit of music during we eat would be quite enjoyable. It would reminisce me of my past life, that I'm starting to miss badly."
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone pipes up "A woman you say... well I did meet a rather beautiful woman a couple of days ago, claimed she could sing. Funny thing is that I haven't been able to find her since."
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"It's a shame Alrone, it would have been delightful to have her join us for the dinner. Would you happen to have heard of such a passenger, captain ?"