Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Nightwulf

Re: Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Post by Nightwulf »

Ferahf looks at the group, he nods at Elizabeth, //Nice to make your acquaintance Elizabeth Wolfe, from Abertawe. But, I have a few questions. Who is Shaha? What are sorceresses and magic? As for whether or not those were Fweth I do not know.\\ He walks over to the three doors and stands there listening trying to hear if there was anything he could hear.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Ah. Good questions. I'll give you the short version now, and a longer version once we have time. There is a mist encroaching on Angland which threatens living creatures. A sorceress, Shaha, believes this is due to Ae's power. She asked us to collect some gemstones to help drive the mist back. That is what brought us down to these tunnels."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

William continues his vigil by the tunnel that the ant-man went down. He calls to the elf, who also has a bow, to come and join him.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Eli shakes his head a bit to clear it. My apologies for being rude, I am Eli an elven scout and rather new to adventuring. I blundered into a cave and lost my footing on the way down. The last thing I remember is hitting the floor. I'd be happy to join your group if you'll have me. I.... um.. have some skills that may help.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Great! How can we say no? Welcome to the company!"
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Hywaywolf wrote:((I hate to OOC this, but Edwards character wouldn't loot the bodies and I can't really think of a roleplay gimmick that would get him to carry their goods away to please mother nature ;). So its going to be a shame if we leave here without doing that. :) ))

"The talisman?" says Edward, regaining his composure. "I don't know if it points the way we should go. I think it just shows us where we can find sustenance and such."

He takes it out anyway and looks at it. Hopefully he was told how to use it.
(OOC: Here is part of the post where Shaha gave you the tool:

The Borzoni immortal opens the pouch at her side, dips her fingers into it, and retrieves an odd looking contraption which she hands to the half-orc novice druid. It is smallish, slightly less than her palm's width across and high and consists of two intersecting bands of burnished brass, one horizontal and the other at ninety degrees to it. Floating in the center of the bands is a rhomboid shaped gem of green that faintly glows at it's center.

"This device has the property of detecting the range, direction, and elevation of works made by my people long ago. It will be of use to you because in times long past, when the Fweth had long been confined in slumbering undeath, my people used their tunnels and added way places to them since what the Fweth need to survive and what you and I need to survive are completely different. The works we made in those times were based on nature and so you, as a druid, who have an affinity for life magic will be able to master this, with a little practice. When your spirits are down I hope you will look on it and remember me.")
Mint

Post by Mint »

Elizabeth finds that the antmen had very little in the way of equipment other than a sort of harness they all wore and the weapon they each had which was a baton looking thing made of metal with four edges.

William continued to stand guard but hears and sees nothing down the tunnel he has positioned himself at.

Edward looks at the gift Shaha gave him and sees that the little floating gem continues to point in one direction regardless of how he turns. The little gleam of light in the center of the gem is stronger now than when he first got the tool.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Woe wrote:"Ah. Good questions. I'll give you the short version now, and a longer version once we have time. There is a mist encroaching on Angland which threatens living creatures. A sorceress, Shaha, believes this is due to Ae's power. She asked us to collect some gemstones to help drive the mist back. That is what brought us down to these tunnels."
//I still do not know what a sorceress is or what this 'magic' is. But, it can wait as right now we need to decide where we are to go.\\ ((OOC. Did Ferahf hear anything down the tunnel?))
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"The Gem points that way," Edward says and thoughtlessly begins to walk in the direction indicated.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone speaks up: "a useful artefact indeed. As far as this magic goes all you need to know is I can blind people for a short length of time. I suppose if there are any leader types I should use it on them." He departs after Edward fitting himself near the back of the new marching order.