Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

black1blade

Re: Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Post by black1blade »

Alrone will attempt to sense any magic coming from the glowing lights upon the walls.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Does this mean the humans will need torches? Or is the light tracking with the humans, and as they move the illumination moves?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:Alrone will attempt to sense any magic coming from the glowing lights upon the walls.
You sense none.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Does this mean the humans will need torches? Or is the light tracking with the humans, and as they move the illumination moves?
It doesn't move as they move but as you continue further down the tunnel you can make out more of the illumination lines.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Comrades, I fear that if we go north, and the ant-man comes back with friends, we will be trapped. I suggest we go down the western tunnel, Sergeant Wolfe, even if only for a moment or two.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

//I will be fine with whatever you decide to do. I do not have a preference however William is right. We would not wish to become trapped down here.\\
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Very well William. We can scout the westerly passage enough to know we won't be ambushed from the rear. Edward's compass indicates our true destination lies north, though perhaps we may find another passage which yields us an alternate path. Eli, lead on!"

What the lady in black is probably snickering about: You ignorant fools! You are trapped down here and once you find the gemstone, you will be teleported to another location... assuming you aren't teleported there first! :twisted:
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I will go anywhere Ms. Wolf wants to go, but I don't understand why we would want to put our head into a noose. I am sure that scared fellow was running to others of his kind. How many? a couple comrades or their entire lair? Shaha gave me this talisman so I don't think it will steer us wrong so I don't think the north passage is a dead end. I also don't know if it shows the direction of our quest. That isn't the purpose of the talisman. It is to show us places where we can find rest and sustenance while we are down here. "

Edward inhales heavily. That is more than he usually speaks, but he doesn't want to go west and to have to kill more sentient beings. But if thats the way Wolf goes, then thats the way he goes.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone speaks up "I think it would be wise to follow the magical compass sasha gave us. This is an alien world where common sense does not seem to play a part. We should take heed of this one thing to guide us through this place. While scouting the passage way the ant man fled down to see if an ambush is looming would be a wise move ,I fear splitting our group in such a perilous place shall prove deadly."
Mint

Post by Mint »

For the moment, as you discuss which tunnel to go down, everything is quiet. You begin to feel the slight edge of cold that has been present all along but ignored because of the heat of battle. Something else pricks at the backs of your minds but not enough to drag itself into your awareness.