Iron Falcon Handbook of Monsters Art Promotion

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
dorelas

Re: Iron Falcon Handbook of Monsters Art Promotion

Post by dorelas »

Hallo

When is the Handbook of Monsters being released?

It was supposed to be available around the end of 2020 ?

Cheers
Martin
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The pandemic has held it up; also, I'm waiting (willingly) for more artwork from Al Cook. He's just one guy, after all. It may not be out by the end of 2020. Sorry.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chickeneater456

Post by chickeneater456 »

Hey, sir, just saw the planned IF monster manual advertised somewhere else on the web. Really interested in any updated news concerning the project, please? Did you collect all the funding you were hoping for to pay for the artwork? Do you have a proposed release date? What was the other book you were working on before the pandemic slowed you down? A published adventure perhaps?

Thanks for any updates. Happy Turkey Day!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I am actually nicely funded for artwork, at least from my current source, but due to outside concerns the art is coming in slowly. I do plan to withdraw the T-shirts and other items at the end of the year, so get 'em while you can.

The other book is as yet unannounced, an adventure series I'm currently playtesting. IF projects are my own, unlike BFRPG projects, and I'm keeping this one under my hat until it's ready. I want to release it and the Handbook together.
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Chris that all sounds exciting. Can't wait. I'm really enjoying IF. :D
dorelas

Post by dorelas »

Dear Salomoriah

There is no need to apologize for the delay.

We are happy we have you here and your beautiful rpg system.

Merry Christmas everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A reminder: After January 31, 2021, Iron Falcon Handbook of Monsters T-shirts and other promotional items will no longer be available! If you'd still like to order any of these items, you can find them here:

https://www.cafepress.com/ironfalcon
https://teespring.com/stores/iron-falcon-rpg

Now, an update on the Handbook of Monsters:

As I mentioned previously, I have completed basic stats for all the monsters. Today I filled in the descriptive text for all the undescribed monsters up to (and including) the Cockatrice. Progress, however slow, is being made.

Alexander Cook has been joined by Cory Shonuff Gelnett and Gabe H Fua as artists for this book. Gabe has been sharing his work (and work-in-progress) and it looks fantastic; Cory did the art for the cover of the Iron Falcon Adventures One book, so I'm looking forward to his contributions as well.

Things are still moving, even if slower than anticipated, and I have every expectation of getting this book done this year. Thanks everyone for your support!
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Very much looking forward to it Chris. IF has become my go to game at this point.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Looking forward to it to when it happens!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm slowly slogging through the unfinished Infernals. I'm using the same generic category in IF that I used in BFRPG, since properly separating demons and devils would otherwise require expanding the alignment system of IF, and that's outside the scope of the Handbook.

I have good SRD references for the various Infernal monsters, but they need a lot of cutting and fitting to make them work with old school systems.