The Dungeon of Kyros

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

The Dungeon of Kyros

Post by Solomoriah »

I wanted to get some sort of adventure out for Iron Falcon, and so I dug through my collection of material, looking for something to convert from BFRPG to IF. Something really old-fashioned. The best candidate I could find was my late friend Alan's adventure, The Dungeon of Kyros, which is already part of AA2. So I converted it. It's surprising both how little changed, and how some things (creatures, mostly) differ between IF and games following the later models. Less monsters needing magic weapons to hit, for example.

Edit: this is now part of Iron Falcon Adventures, available on the Iron Falcon website.

It's too short to publish in print. I'm strongly considering combining it with Dragon of Duncaster for a short, saddle-stitch-friendly adventure module once the latter adventure is complete.

Take a look, and post your comments here!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Snarkythekobold

Re: The Dungeon of Kyros

Post by Snarkythekobold »

I tried to download the pdf file here and couldn't. Solomoriah (head honcho) mentioned this adventure and I googled it which led me to this post. I would love to be able to download and run this short adventure. My players actually prefer the short ones.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Iron Falcon version of Dungeon of Kyros is incorporated into Iron Falcon Adventures, available on the website: https://ironfalconrpg.com
Snarkythekobold

What is the difference between the Iron Falcon system and BFRPG?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Lordy, where to start...

Iron Falcon is as strict a retroclone of the 1975 version of the world's most popular role-playing game as I could make it.

Basic Fantasy is the game I always wanted back in 1982.

This post could get a LOT LONGER if I try to detail the differences... whereas you can simply download the PDFs of both and compare them yourself.
Snarkythekobold

I actually googled it and read a long thread about it on this site. I am grateful that you put forth the effort to put out Iron Falcon and it really does fit a hole in the retro clone library.

That said . . . yeah . . . I think I will stick with BFRPG. It really is an awesome game and I have no interest in learning new rules. I would just rather learn all the ins and outs of one system and explore all the various things that I can do with it.

Thanks for all the work you've done (and everyone else). My kids and his friends have been some happy campers since we started playing.