Errata (r52)

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
starmonkey

Re: Errata (r52)

Post by starmonkey »

Might have found errata:

[IF p.25] states for Cloudkill: "This noxious fog bank moves 6" per round" - my understanding is that 6" (scale inches) is 60' in a dungeon setting, and 60 yards outdoors - either way, that's a fast moving cloud!

I'm assuming that should be "per turn", which would mean it moves 20' per round in the dungeon?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No, 6" per round is correct.

The difficulty is in the historic transition from "turns" to "turns and rounds." Spells meant to be used in combat have to be interpreted as "rounds" and not "turns" when converting from the oldest sources; however, spells and effects that apply during exploration must usually be interpreted as "turns."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Sorry if this already answered but does the Cloud move 60' during combat?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, 6" per round.
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Rhialto wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:01 pm p. 47 - crocodile is listed as having AC 15, which seems a bit wimpy.
Wanted to highlight this again. I assume the AC should be 1 or 5. Hey Chris I see here a few areas of errata need correction. Is is something you'll be doing soon? I just received printed copy of the book. Love the ruleset by they way.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Should be 5 for the croc's AC.

No specific plans for an R53 as yet; maybe after the Handbook of Monsters comes out.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

I have made an unofficial edited version of IF r52 just so people can get IF to the table with all of the fixes in place. I was not able to match the font exactly as I was using Seija online to edit this and there doesn't seems to be an .rtf version of this document yet.

Here are the changes made:
1. I changed "creativity" to "creative" on page 2 for the intelligence stat.
2. I added example Hit Points to the sample character on page 11.
3. I added 4 missing spells to the list of 6th level MU spells on page 21. Note the format didn't allow me to extend the lines properly, but it looks reasonably neat.
4. I added a duration for the Shield spell page 39. Here the edit looks a little cramped, but I did my best. As there was no Shield spell in the original 4 D&D books, I took it from Basic Fantasy.
5. I changed the AC of Crocodiles from 15 to 5 on page 47 as discussed in the posts above.
6. I took out the word "special" for damage on Doppelgängers and replaced it with "or weapon" on page 48, as the original 4 books don't mention special attack abilities. Basic Fantasy does not either, and that is where I got the "or weapon" from.
7. Beginning on page 50, I corrected the Dragon entries to include "or breath" for No. of Attacks and Damage. This error is discussed above.
8. I corrected the text for the Vorpal Sword on page 103, to include the suggestion in the discussion above. Note the text is not perfectly formatted, but is neat enough...
9. I corrected the Healing effect of Intelligent Swords on page 131 using Greyhawk. Greyhawk only lists 1 point of healing per 6 turns or 6 points of healing a day in a table. I therefore simply corrected the text to reflect this. Hopefully, this was Chris' intended correction. Again the text formatting is not perfect, but should be clear and readable enough.

Again, this is UNOFFICIAL. Just a bandaid solution to get a fairly neat and corrected version of IF to the game table. I hope you don't object Chris.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HAxwGt ... sp=sharing
Last edited by TPFox on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

If you looked at this earlier, my original post was a bit of a jumble. The post above now has a clear list of corrections with the exact page number, along with an improved / revised draft pdf.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

There is not, and will probably never be, a source format version of the IF rules. I make money from this, unlike BFRPG, and sharing the source document is outside of my plans. Even if I did share a source document it would never, ever be RTF format... ODT all the way.

That said, I'm not going to object too strongly to this, though I do wonder just how badly it's "needed" given the edits are all pretty minor.

Regarding the Shield spell, you are incorrect, it can be found on page 21 of the supplement you speak of. The duration there is given in turns, which I am never sure is correct since the early references often confused turn and round, but in this case given that 2 rounds seems too short I'm sticking with 2 turns.

Your edits seem reasonable enough, though I do prefer the original suggestion of "creative ability" over "creativity" as it sounds more like the style of the coverage target game.

I'll be releasing an R53 PDF as soon as I get a layout pass done. It's not as hard as with BFRPG so maybe real soon now. In print will take longer, since it will have to sit a bit to allow it to be checked by others.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 53 -- August 12, 2021
Here is the long-awaited Release 53 of the rulebook, which to the best of my knowledge corrects all issues noted to date in the errata thread.

https://ironfalconrpg.com

I'm closing this thread, since it was for r52. If anyone finds new errata, please start a new thread for it. Thanks!