Chapter 3: A Dangerous Detour

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

mTeasdale

Re: Chapter 3: A Dangerous Detour

Post by mTeasdale »

"Maju, Yuan Cheng, we're the fastest of the group. What do you think about getting a little run to find the betrayer ? If the pirates get to know where we are, it may gets ugly real fast."

quozl

Post by quozl »

I am the fastest. I will go. Follow me if you can.

YC takes off in the direction of Saracen's footprints.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Well, YC is a lot faster than anyone else over a distance, so he ends up racing across the sands quite on his own. Others may pursue if they want...

It's not hard to follow the footprints in the sand. The elf appears to be heading straight northward towards where you believe the beach to be.

He has travelled for about 45 minutes by the time you catch him, and gone over 2 miles towards the beach.

You can now little puffs of sand rising up from the desert as he jogs along. It's really obviously him. He's about 120 feet in front of you. You'll catch him in a round or two...
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC will just tackle him and try to pin him, then ask him what he thinks he's doing.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Not so fast... Spitbreath is as fast as YC. It sounds like Jaili is suggesting to harm Saracen, which Kanya is adamantly against -- and vocally. She warn them against violence (ironic huh?)and will ride with YC.

Seriously, /now/ you guys decide to be anti-pirate? Sigh
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju gets to the surface and immediately looks for his dinosaur steed. (Assuming he finds her) He climbs aboard and invites Teruk and his men to ride as well. He then directs her toward the sets of footsteps from the elf and those tracking him.
Longman

Post by Longman »

You can only fit two people on Kyo, 3 at most. So I guess that would be yourself and Jaali. But it can only go at 30, anyway.

Apinya has ridden on the camel with Kanja. The camel moves at 50, not quite as fast as the monk at 60, and is left behind gradually as the monk speeds ahead.

The monk is alone when he reaches Saracen.

"Damn you!" says Saracen, still invisible, as Yuan Cheng runs towards him. "I don't want to fight you, I just want to get away from those damn natives who are trying to kill me and set me up all the time! Let me leave!"

Do you still attack him?

BY THE WAY - you (Yuan Cheng) can also see another figure to the north, running through the desert southward. You can't see who it is from this distance, just a human-sized figure running in the sand.

MAJU - your familiar reports something in the sky. He says there is a person flying on some kind of stick-bird, to the north east of here, over the desert. When you look up you can all see no more than a small dot in the sky. But the bird can see it more clearly.

"It is one like the cult-men flew away on, back at the temple! Kreee Kreee!

pinewood, you are now Apinya the Siamese pirate, and are riding away from some mysterious ruins on a camel behind the pain priestess, Kanya, towards the coast, where you think the ship is now beached and being repaired. You are chasing an invisible sea-elf.

Rhialto - you are a new character who is escaping the shipwreck. You are not a pirate. You have fled into the desert when you heard that the pirate chief was intending on taking all the prisoners straight to in the Infamous Isle of Chains in West Siam, where you were to be sold as slaves, after being turned into mutes. Please review the character creation rules and post your character. So far you can see a tall human figure running towards you as you flee from the shipwreck.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yes, YC will still tackle and attempt to pin him.

You snuck off without a word! Did you steal something? What have you done?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

OOC : Jaali wasn't suggesting killing Saracen, but was thinking that HE might attack the party. That's why I was suggesting following him as a group.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Yuan Cheng successfully wrestles the invisible elf, who immediately makes his save and escapes. Yuan-Cheng can feel the sea elf has shed his banded mail.

Hey! I have a loaded rifle, and hands full of electricity! You want to jump me again? You'll be sorry! Now just let me go! I don't mean you any harm.

Yuan Cheng is pretty sure the elf is lying about something here...

Rhialto - as you move further southward you can see the human figure dive onto the sand. You can't exactly make out what's going on, it's too far. You can lie down flat to be less visible, or keep moving. There really isn't a lot of cover.

Everyone else - you can all still see the dot flying in the sky. Those in Maju's group (Maju and Jaali) know what the familiar has said - it's a person, riding on a wooden bird. (See previous post).