Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

Post by Longman »

Maju, that spell normally takes a full TURN (10 minutes) to cast.

I'm going to do a rules check in general discussion to work out if casting that spell from a scroll is done in a round, or if it must also take 10 minutes.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

If it doesn't work Maju, Jaali will drink his potion and sneak to the sphere.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Jaali - I'd check the rules on that potion. It will make you gaseous for an unspecified period of time (10-50 minutes when drunk in thirds) and during that time you can't grab an item, like the sphere.

Happy to take some time over these decisions. I'm trying to play by rules as writen as much as possible here. I hope that isn't "breaking the spell" too much.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Maju - the spell will take 10 minutes to cast.

I guess, you could all back away to a safe distance, hope the orcs don't do anything (you can't see any easy way for them to get off the platform and they seem stranded), and cast it?

Other players can review their decisions based on what Maju decides to do. YC, you haven't climbed up yet, you are still in the water.

In the meantime the Paladin heals 3 hp on the merchant's assistant and saves his life. Good job.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Longman wrote:Jaali - I'd check the rules on that potion. It will make you gaseous for an unspecified period of time (10-50 minutes when drunk in thirds) and during that time you can't grab an item, like the sphere.

Happy to take some time over these decisions. I'm trying to play by rules as writen as much as possible here. I hope that isn't "breaking the spell" too much.
I was thinking about my potion of invisibility.

I will post my action later or tomorrow.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Oh. Never mind then. As you were.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Okay then...Maju would like to cast Continual Darkness on the rock between the group of orcs and the mermaid and green stone. The hope is to cut them off from the other end. So he would like to cast it at the middle of the ledge. Since it has a 30' radius, that should completely 'block' one end of the ledge from the other. Maybe this will freak them out long enough that Jaali can get in there to retrieve the green stone.
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC will climb up on the side of the darkness with the mermaid.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali will follow YC.
Longman

Post by Longman »

orc ledge.png
orc ledge.png (17.51 KiB) Viewed 11888 times
The ledge is 60 feet wide and 200 in length, slightly out of scale here but you get the idea.

Sorry Maju but you can't exactly cast the spell to totally split the ledge because the mermaid and her sole guard sole are right behind the main group of orcs, about 60 back.

For the same reason, YC can't climb "climb up on the side of the darkness with the mermaid."

You (Maju) could cast the spell right on the orcs, and most of the ledge up to the mermaid. But you can't use it to create a full barrier to split the ledge and separate the orcs from her.

Let's say you have cast the spell. It is now the next round.

Maju, where did you cast the spell? You may have a round to act, and so can everyone else except Rostam who already laid on hands in this round.

(Jaali you haven't actually drunk the potion yet...)