[IC] Autumnpeak (Now open for game play)

Metroknight's campaign featuring adventures from AA1 Adventure Anthology 1.

Moderator: Metroknight

SerGavin

Re: [IC] Autumnpeak (Now open for game play)

Post by SerGavin »

Gerred glumly but with a modicum of hope walked deliberately towards the fighting ring, he had gone for a walk after seeing a woman take down a large man, taking in the sights and smells of the festival all around him as he went, most in the crowd towering over him. The autumn air, refreshingly cool, after the mornings physical activities and although they had ended in failure, he thought that he at the very least have a decent shot at winning this as long as he doesn't get some great towering muscle-bound meathead like that girl had done.

Eventually he arrives back at the ring and waits for his turn.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Metroknight

Re: [IC] Autumnpeak (Gerred in dueling circle)

Post by Metroknight »

Gerred's name is called out and another person's name is called out. This person looks to be a simple farmer who is not familiar with the bunts. Jonas moves out towards the center with his shield held tightly against his chest and the padded bunt hanging loosely to his side. “Hi, I'm Jonas” the man calls out to Gerred while nervously, holding his spot, waiting on Gerred.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"Gerred." He responds to jonas gruffly sizing up his opponent and taking up a loose fighting stance, bunt raised. "We're not here to talk, have at you!"

Jonas waits fora second,then charges quickly at Gerred, the frequency of his blows making up for the inaccuracy, he slashes past Gerred's defences and lands a solid blow,clipping Gerred's ribs.

Gerred circles cautiously, watching, tensely, sizing up his opponent. He pretends to let his guard down fainting to the right and then leaps forwards suddenly, straight towards Jonas stabbing at his chest with the padded sword but Jonas twists to avoid it, narrowly missing by a few inches and going past his chest.

emboldened by his successful hit, Jonas then follows up on his attack, landing an overhead blow on Gerred's shoulder and pushing him back slightly.

Jonas jumps at Gerred wildly flailing his bunt and with a resounding Thwack! Gerred catches him in mid-air across the torso pushing him backwards onto the ground, winding Jonas and leaving him temporarily unable to stand. Jonas struggles for a brief few seconds to get back up on his feet but then gives up and concedes.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Jonas lays on the ground, groaning, for a few minutes before sitting up. He is holding his ribs but has a grin on his face “Damn, you hit like a mule kick. Good match.” then slowly stands up and holds his hand out.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"You hit pretty good yourself!" Replies Gerred, shaking his hand vigorously.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Jonas walks with Gerred out of the ring and hands over his bunts "I heard a bunch of today's combat winners are meeting for a round of drinks over at the Broken Inn around evening meal time. You going?"
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"Well, I'll never say no to a bit of drink, so I guess I am now sure."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Jonas pauses in his stride once outside the crowd around the combat area "It was brief but fun. I'm just glad I did not get Ludlem for my opponent. He might be slow on his feet but that boy is an ox, strong but dumb, and holds a grudge for a very long time" and offers his hand one more time "Enjoy the festival but I have to leave to check on my livestock at my farm outside of town. I hope you make it to the finals" then after shaking hands, blends into the crowd as he appears to be heading towards the front gate area.

Just then a man eating an apple, drenched with water and in a festive mood, walks by with a child on his shoulders who is eating an apple also. The child looks like he was dunked in a bucket of water also. Gerdin realizes that there are a few others looking wet also and munching on an apple when he hears laughter from adults and children combine with sounds of encouragements nearby.