[OOC] Autumnpeak

Metroknight's campaign featuring adventures from AA1 Adventure Anthology 1.

Moderator: Metroknight

Metroknight

[OOC] A play by post game

Post by Metroknight »

This is an interest check as the contents of the game and rules are being settled on. I had originally thought of running this over at Dizzy's site (osrgaming) but wanted to check here also. So let's get on with the game info:

This will be a play by post game using the rule system of Basic Fantasy RPG with some supplements and house rules. Starting Characters will be normal locals from the surrounding areas and will become level 1 adventurers (you will get to pick a class) if they survive the opening events (I'm starting this off as a grinder).

Now some of the setting info:

Autumnpeak is a small coastal town, occupying the southern banks of the Autumn River's mouth as it feeds into an inland sea. It enjoys a fair trade but its small harborage and geographic isolation prevents it from becoming a bustling city. Autumnpeak is the last bastion of civilization as travelers from the more established kingdoms would call it. It enjoys the relative safety of its position, surrounded by open countryside with nearby forests and mountains. Depending on your direction of travel, Autumnpeak is either your last stop to nowhere or first stop to somewhere.

As the Autumn festival arrives, everyone is bustling about getting ready for the coming winter. Food storage is at an all time high pace in an effort to be finished prior to the festival's start. On the last day before the beginning of the festival, everyone is given leave of their chores and paid their wages so that they may enjoy the merriment. Each of you have enough coins left over after paying for your room and board at the Broken Coin Inn for the next 5 days to play some of the games and eat, drink while being merry. At the end of the festival unless something changes your fate, you will be returning back to your simple life of a local.
mTeasdale

Re: [Interest check] A play by post game

Post by mTeasdale »

Seems fun ! I'm interested, waiting to know more details !
Woe

Post by Woe »

Giant rats in the basement to kill? I'm in!
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

I am also interested in this. Its been a while since I've played a LvL 0
Last edited by SerGavin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Do you plan on a level 0, 3d6 in order, no 're-roll kind of start ?

I miss low-powered games, it's been a while since I lost a PC.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

It is going to be a level 0 but a 4d6 drop lowest die, place in the order it was rolled so I'm not sure if it could be called low powered.

I'm going to be using a compilation of various adventures that are on the site here. The king of the autumn's harvest is going to be used as the lead in adventure then I was going to tie into other adventures.
Last edited by Metroknight on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

I would be interested as well
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I just sent a pm to Solomoriah about setting up a forum for the game but also if a specific layout is possible as I have an OCD about how the game layout needs be.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Count me in ! Hope the stats rolls for that, but I would like to eventually play a cleric, if it's ok for you guys.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

mTeasdale wrote:Count me in ! Hope the stats rolls for that, but I would like to eventually play a cleric, if it's ok for you guys.
You would start out at level 0 which is no class but you could be a temple/church student. I'm shooting for a rag to riches type of feeling in the form of your characters are locals/nobodies that get thrust into the life of adventurers.