[OOC] Autumnpeak

Metroknight's campaign featuring adventures from AA1 Adventure Anthology 1.

Moderator: Metroknight

Metroknight

Re: [Interest check] A play by post game

Post by Metroknight »

Hit points are going to be slightly different. Everyone starts with 2+con bonus/penalty hp until the end of the Festival events and those that survive get to chose their classes based on their actions and background. They then get to start out as level 1 characters in their classes. Their hp are then changed to max hp based on their class hit dice and con bonus/penalty.

As I'm sure someone is going to play a thief, I've been thinking about how to handle their thieving attempts. I've thought of two methods (but I'm sure there are more).

1: Just use the optional ability check from the core rules and have the check number set at 17 or better.

2: Convert the characters bonus modifier to a percentage base and use that as the amount to roll under. That would mean a thief with a Dex 18 would have to roll under 15% to succeed in a Dex related skill. This falls in line mostly with the use of the Thief's option supplement I'm planning to use also as it has the various thief skills listed with the appropriate ability stat.
Metroknight

Re: [OOC] A play by post game

Post by Metroknight »

Ok, I have rules used, supplements used, character creation, and area info all posted.

I still think this can be ran as a 0 level beginning but I will leave it to the 5 of you to decide 1st level or 0 level.

0 level will have issues to be dealt with if someone tries to perform a class skill. I think I have a way to deal with it but it will short shift someone until they choose a class.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Just to let you know, I'm still interested in the PBP but won't be able to post until Sunday, I'm doing some album release show with my band on the next days.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

That is fine, I was not planning on starting up till after everyone had a chance to read, post characters, or even discuss stuff. I'm still piecing together stuff here myself from my notes.

On that, is it possible to roll dice here?
Woe

Post by Woe »

I posted my character. lol on her being a spellcaster, so I'm thinking ranger/scout/fighter now. Look ok?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Your dex should be +2 not +1
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Woe wrote:I posted my character. lol on her being a spellcaster, so I'm thinking ranger/scout/fighter now. Look ok?
Remember that there is no class called Ranger. I relabeled the scout class (it is a subclass of the thief class) to be a huntsman or hunter if you wish to shorten the title. I did not houserule the combo rules either so they are by the book.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Autumnpeak is the IC game thread. I have it locked till Sunday but it is there so you all can have a heads up on the beginning of the game. Everyone is a local (demi-humans are around) to the area be it from a village nearby,Autumnpeak, or one of the Demihuman's around. I edited Autumnpeak first post to reflect more information about the area. I hope that helps with character generation.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Gotcha. Fighter or hunter it is, with maybe an off chance of thief. Still funny how the dice rolled.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Woe wrote:Still funny how the dice rolled.
Where did you go for the dice rolls?