Rules and Rulings

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Rules and Rulings

Post by Solomoriah »

I've decided to run a play-by-post playtest of the Abandoned Tower adventure from Iron Falcon Adventures One, and I need four players.

Each player will create two beginner characters, one fighter and one non-fighter. You'll be playing both at the same time. Yes, I could have eight players, but the game would run about 1/4 the speed (adding players to a PbP has an exponential effect on response time).

I'm posting a list of ability scores; each player must select two sets. The No Repeats rule is in effect... no two characters can have the same set of stats. Stats are first come, first served. In other words, whoever posts a request for a set of stats first gets them.

Finally, each player must play at least one human character.

This playtest will be by-the-book as much as possible. I'll do all the die rolling, and I'll post the PC rolls and such NPC/monster rolls as I deem appropriate in public. As usual, secret door detection, trap detection, etc. will be rolled by me in secret.

If you are interested, post here with the numbers of the rows on the stat table you wish to use. You may amend them per the rules on page 4 of the rulebook, but otherwise you have to take them as you find them. Everyone starts with max hit points (at first level, as indicated above) and everyone begins play with 120 GP. You may loan or give money to another player but your two characters may not share money with each other.

Once I have all the players I need, I'll create the new forum and get things rolling.
Attachments
Stats.png
Stats.png (14.67 KiB) Viewed 10670 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Out-of-Character Chat

Post by Solomoriah »

I guess I should go ahead and do the Campaign Checklist. Here's how this will go:

Campaign Checklist

There are many points throughout the Iron Falcon rules where the referee is explicitly given a choice between different rules options. For the convenience of both the referee and his or her players, this checklist may be copied and filled out in advance, detailing those options as well as any other house rules the referee wishes to document.

Different Ways to Play the Game (page 133):
Author's Choice

Determination of Abilities (page 2):
Done using the table above, obviously.

Strength To Hit and Damage Bonus (page 2):
Applies to All Classes

Dexterity Armor Class Adjustment (page 3):
Applies to All Classes

Starting Money (page 10):
Rolled by Referee -- 120 GP each (as previously noted)

Exceptional Strength (page 128):
No

Weapons vs. Armor Type (page 128):
No

Paladins (page 129):
No

Intelligent Swords (page 130):
Maybe, but not now

Acquisition of Spells (page 133):
Extended Spell Lists

Dealing With Death (page 135):
One of these (haven't decided which):