1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: 1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, everyone has replied, but I still don't know what you are going to do. Hengist is the only one with a stated action, but the last post asks a relevant question. The ball is still in your (collective) court.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hengist and Ranald closely examine the ravine to find any sign of tracks, or ways that people could conceivably get up and down. They also check the other side, to see if there is any sign that a trail night continue on the other side. Finally, they check to see if there's a reason why the path might lead here. Does it deviate and go along the top of the ravine? Are there any caves nearby?

Hopefully other party members will join in this endeavor. Hengist will ask people not to climb down until we have finished looking around.

OOC - (He's got Int 15 and Cha 13 so hopefully he can be fairly persuasive.)
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

Neirin and Tertullian are assisting Hengist and Ranald. Tertullian is using his staff to see if he can clear away some of the foliage and get a good view of the ravine.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Bothan is helping the others too, with Alphonse a few feet behind him suggesting things to look for/spots to check out.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Faylen and Rowan are doing likewise. Faylen will also pay attention to whether the ground could hold a spike and rope in case there is nothing to be found.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hengist approached the apparent end of the trail, followed closely by the rest of the party. When he reached the edge, stepping out of the dense foliage, he saw that the ravine was narrow and somewhat steep, sloping down toward the sea to his right and up toward the high ground to his left. The other side was only twenty or so yards away, lined with trees and brush much as was the side where he stood. The ravine itself was rocky, with patches of mud and puddles of water here and there. Just a couple of feet below the edge he could see a beaten path leading to the right, down the ravine. That route would lead toward the cave entrance, he was sure.

The others came up behind Hengist, but few could see much of anything due to the smallness of the space where he was standing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Longman

Post by Longman »

Quietly, Hengist reports what he saw to all the others.

"It looks dangerous on that path," he remarks. "One slip, and you'd fall. We could walk down there and to the cave...but we could also wait up here and lay an ambush. I wonder how often they come this way."

Hengist and Ranald both begin looking for any recent signs of movement on the path. Hengist will step back to let any others go and have a look at the path, if they want.

(OOC - What do you think guys? Straight to the cave? Lay an ambush? Or dig in through the stairs?)
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

If the other entrance is buried in rubble then they must be going through the cave down there.We should send some people to scout out the cave entrance a little just to make sure.

I volunteer to go.

(OOC: What time of day is it again? Afternoon?)
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

(Bothan talking)

"Maybe Faylen and Ranald could go down there to see if there's anything worth investigating ? I would go there with them, but with my armor I'll make way too much noise."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Oh yes, very nice izzit? The little people goes and does all the work and the tall ones up top safe again? That would be the size of it.

Despite this apparent protest, Ranald appears to be entirely ready and prepared to scout the path.