2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Rhialto

Re: 2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

Post by Rhialto »

Tertullian suspiciously peers into the empty corridor, mumbling something unintelligible to himself. He clearly prefers somebody else to go first.

Neirin still has his sling ready and seems disappointed that no targets present themselves.
Onwards! They are hiding nearby, I am sure.
He moves towards the open door, eager to get a better look across the threshold.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Bothan will let the two thieves pass to do a bit of scouting, and will follow them not too far behind.

Alphonse will keep up in the rear with the rest of the party.
Longman

Post by Longman »

"Rear guard?" says Ranald to Hengist. "Yazzers, can ya see in the dark, you sun-eyed daydog? Never mind ya couldn't hear a rooster. Let me take over..."

Ranald will take over rearguard duty, stationing himself at I6 and keeping an eye on the entrance corridor in case humanoids come in from that direction. He has his crossbow loaded.

Hengist will move up to be next to Bothan and Rowan, halberd at the ready.

(OOC - party call - I believe Faylen and Neirin and the cleric are currently at the front, having opened the door. Then Hengist and Bothan and Rowan with pole arms. Then the mage, I assume at about J2. Then Ranald last of all.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No orders for Faylen, so I'm just dealing with Neiren.

Neiren crept forward, stretching out his neck to look through the doorway. He was on the lookout for traps, as always, but as always was curious what lay beyond. Straight ahead he could see a staircase ascending, perhaps to a higher level, or perhaps to the ground above. To his right he could see a corridor, and he thought he glimpsed a door at the end, twenty or so feet down.

But to see further, he would have to cross the threshold...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

OOC: just to be clear - Neirin isn't a thief, he's a fighter. But thieves are a fairly recent invention anyway, as far as this game is concerned...

No creepy little guys in sight.
Neirin inspects the ground on the other side of the door one last time and the moves across the threshold. If nothing bad happens, he continues up to the intersection and peers around the corner.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Faylen will move up with Neirin keeping an eye on the stairs.
She won't cross the intersection at M1 until Neirin gives the all clear.

Rowan will stay behind Faylen, but ready to move in if any enemies show up.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Bothan and Alphonse will wait for the scouts to report before advancing further.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hengist and Randlad will hold where they are and wait for the report. Hengist will encourage the pole arm fighters to move up as a group.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I really suck at doing what I promise... you guys need to whip me into shape or something.

Neirin carefully stepped into the corridor, then advanced into the intersection, with Faylen following closely behind. Down the corridor to his right he saw a door, an old one by the looks of it. He took a step further and peered at it, as Faylen looked around the intersection itself. It was then that she noticed a tuft of fur hanging from the corner of the stone wall (M1, lower right corner) which she thought resembled the furs the kobolds were wearing.

I will try to get another post in on Monday as previously promised.
Attachments
map012.png
map012.png (5.22 KiB) Viewed 10371 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Oblivious of Faylen's discovery, Neirin switches his sling for the sword and slowly moves towards the door. He studies the floor and walls closely as he progresses.