2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Longman

Re: 2nd Chapter: Into the Darkness

Post by Longman »

Ranald is still witing on rear guard.

Hengist will move to K1 and asks the other pole arm fighters to stay with him.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Alphonse stays in the rear guard and Bothan follows Hengist, his pike in hand.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Neirin crept carefully down the corridor toward the door. The floor showed no signs of recent passage, and the door appeared not to have been disturbed for quite some time.

As he regarded the door and considered his next move, Neirin noticed a faint foulness in the air.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

OOC: Can I tell a direction of travel, and how recently the fur was left there?

Faylen will inform the party of her discovery, and keep an eye on the stairs. (Standing in M1)

Rowan will hold position at M2 between Faylen and Neirin ready to move toward the stairs or door depending on where danger seems to be coming from.

OOC: Who is holding the light source?
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

The kobolds are not using this door and there is something rotten behind it as well. I'd stay clear of that room.

Neirin backs away from the door, returning to M1.
Is the piece of fur stuck on a nail or something, or did it get caught in a secret door?

Tertullian is still in the room peering down the corridor from behind the fighters.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'm injured, says Hengist. I'm prepared to fight these humanoids, especially in formation. But if there's anything terrible behind that door I'd rather leave it closed.

Hengist will move slowly into M1 to be with Neirin. Ranald is still back at his prior location, listening.

(OOC - according to the party notes. Alphonse the magic user has the elf's lantern, and I don't think anyone else has one. The marching order we wrote up previously isn't being followed right now as everyone is moving individually. That's OK. I think everyone should just move back behind the pole arm fighters in the event that we get attacked. I think we should go up the stairs.)
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Bothan will get to the front, of the party.

It looks like it was Alphonse who was holding the light, so he will try to position himself in the middle, trying to give light to everyone.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Clever_Munkey wrote:OOC: Can I tell a direction of travel, and how recently the fur was left there?
It appears that whoever or whatever left the fur was going toward the stairs, i.e. up.
Clever_Munkey wrote:Faylen will inform the party of her discovery, and keep an eye on the stairs. (Standing in M1)

Rowan will hold position at M2 between Faylen and Neirin ready to move toward the stairs or door depending on where danger seems to be coming from.
Noted. See map below.
Rhialto wrote:The kobolds are not using this door and there is something rotten behind it as well. I'd stay clear of that room.

Neirin backs away from the door, returning to M1.
Noted.
Rhialto wrote:Is the piece of fur stuck on a nail or something, or did it get caught in a secret door?
Caught on a rough spot in the stone, on the corner.
Rhialto wrote:Tertullian is still in the room peering down the corridor from behind the fighters.
Noted.
Longman wrote:I'm injured, says Hengist. I'm prepared to fight these humanoids, especially in formation. But if there's anything terrible behind that door I'd rather leave it closed.

Hengist will move slowly into M1 to be with Neirin. Ranald is still back at his prior location, listening.
Noted.
Clever_Munkey wrote:OOC: Who is holding the light source?
Longman wrote:(OOC - according to the party notes. Alphonse the magic user has the elf's lantern, and I don't think anyone else has one.
mTeasdale wrote:It looks like it was Alphonse who was holding the light, so he will try to position himself in the middle, trying to give light to everyone.
Noted.
mTeasdale wrote:Bothan will get to the front, of the party.
Seems a little hard, given that M1 is already pretty full. I've placed him at M2; I suggest you guys see about a marching order if you plan to go either up the stairs or through the remaining door. Also, how are you communicating with Ranald? Are you actually yelling at him?
Attachments
IFpbp.png
IFpbp.png (6.44 KiB) Viewed 10176 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Longman

Post by Longman »

(OOC - no one is communicating with Ranald. He's slowly moving up behind the party.)

Ranald will move up slowly to the secret door.

Hengist will partner with Alphonse the magic-user and stand by him, waiting for the others to rearrange themselves so the scouts go up the stairs with the two other fighters following.

(OOC - PS - I am liking this style of play but agree we should get a marching order so Solomoriah doesn't have to to relocate us on the map every turn. That's pretty laborious.)
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Neirin will slowly move up the stairs, sword still drawn.

OOC: If we stick to the marching order, Faylen should keep up and the rest follow 20' or so behind.