Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Hexamer47

Re: Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros steps in to the Bubbly Minstrel, pauses a moment to take in atmosphere of the establishment, Looks to Cael and Arkus and says "Friends, I am going to the bar to look for the innkeeper, William, Mr. Wright mentioned. You are both most welcome to join me, or if you prefer to find a table to rest yourselves, then I will find you momentarily with prices of the local services." With That, Barros turns and goes to the bar in search of William, but keeps an eye out for anything unusual.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Inside, the inn of The Bubbly Minstrel is fairly standard in its layout. The ground floor consists of a common room it a bar, and a couple of doors beyond the bar leading to more rooms primarily used by the inn staff. A staircase on on side of the room leads up to the second floor, where the living quarters may be found. There are a couple of fireplaces built on opposites sides of the room from each other.

The common is fairly empty at the moment. A man stands behind the bar, and looks over at you as you enter. "Hello folks. What can I help you with? The name's William. I'm the owner of this establishment."
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Since the innkeeper adresses the adventurers directly, Arkus' checking out of the customers will have to wait for a moment.
He performs his over-elaborate bow once again, almost sweeping the floor with his hat in hand.

"Good sir, must you ask? We are travelers and this is a tavern.
Food, drink, and a place to sleep at night are what we are looking for.

My name is Arkus, by the way.

We are also interested in work that suits our particular skills.
But I have to admit that this village seems rather peaceful right now and may have no need of men-at-arms."

Arkus apparently includes himself among the "men-at-arms", although he looks especially undernourished and frail next to Barros.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Cael gives the innkeeper a (far simpler than Arkus) bow and then a smile. "My name is Cael, wanderer from afar. As Arkus here has stated, we wish for a place to rest ourselves and fill our stomachs. If I may ask, do you have any tea? If not, I'm willing to settle for a gentle wine."

Looking around the room, Cael nods before looking back to William. "I assume most of the townsfolk are preparing for the festival?"
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros watches with a smile at Arkus as he performs his elaborate bow, as he has not seen the like before and wonders momentarily on Cael's drink choices with amusement. He is happy to be travelling with such interesting companions for a change.

Barros addresses the inkeeper with a nod, "Grettings WIlliam!" My name is Barros and I am of the same mind as my two friends here and would very much like some food, drink, and a place to stay for the night. What are the prices of such here in this fine establishment?

As Arkus mentioned, we would be interested in hearing of any work, rumors, or the like.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

"Ah but of course Sir Barros. A room for one night is one gold. Three silver for a meal. Drinks vary a bit in price, of course. All depends on what you want."

He turns and addresses Cael specifically "I can procure tea for you good sir if you wish it. And yes, you're quite right. Most of the village is very busy preparing for the festival."

He then nods to Arkus. "We do have a fairly peaceful village here, and we like it that way. Though I imagine you could still find some adventure in these parts if you looked hard enough."

Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"Well, nobody can blame you for preferring it peaceful.
So please bring me a meal and a tankard of ale while the peace lasts."

Arkus winks at the innkeeper. Inwardly, he considers the meager contents of his purse and reflects that he will soon have to sleep rough again or turn to shady business if no opportunity for work presents itself.

Arkus will then points towards a free table in a corner, from which he hopes to observe everything going on in the tavern without being too conspicuous himself. To his companions:

"Why don't we sit over there?"

OOC: what is the time of day?
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros addresses the inkeeper, "May the peace of your village last long then. I will also take a meal and ale." Barros also takes this oppurtunity to let William there is a 4th being traveling with them. "William, there is a 4th companion of ours, a Dwarf named Phelan that should be coming to your Inn later."

Barros then looks at Arkus, "That table suits me fine, as well."

What say you, Cael?

(OOC- waiting for the final price of the meal and ale to be deducted from my character sheet)
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Cael looks at the table and smiles. "This table will suit me just fine, thank you."/b] Joining his companions at the table, Cael pulls a small book from his pack and peruses it. Scratching a small note into a corner, he then sets it back into his pack before stretching out some.

"Lovely town, though the quiet might well get to me if I were to stay too long. My home used to move slightly, the homes, much smaller than those found around her, are able to be taken down and put back up in a few days time at most. Made it easy for the farmers to stay near the fields during the spring and summer and move closer to the village where we huddle the homes together during winter. I rarely, if ever, see that anywhere else."
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

"Alright. That'll be four silver from each of you having a meal and an ale." He nods to Cael "You want a meal too, or just the tea?"

"And as far as another companion joining you, that's fine by me. There's plenty of room in my inn. And plenty of food and drink to be had. You'll find no shortage of any sort here." He smiles proudly.

(OOC: for those of you buying a meal and an ale, I will subtract the 4sp from your sheet. We can assume you hand William your coins. He has change for gold as well if that's all you have. If you want to role play out giving William your coins, that's fine by me, but you don't need to. I'll subtract the money now.

@arcbolt: I still need to know if you want a meal and the tea, or just the tea. If you already posted that and I missed it, my apologies. I didn't see anything that indicated that though. If you do want both, it'll be 4sp. If you just want the tea, it'll be 1sp.

Just to reiterate from earlier, I will do the additions and subtractions on the character sheets, so you don't need to worry about that.

The time of day is currently mid afternoon)