Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Sir Daggerford

Re: Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Sir Daggerford »

"While my good sir, the harvest festival begins tomorrow morn. It lasts for three days. A good crowd of people gather here from the surrounding area. More travelers should be coming in later tonight. The festival is always a bustling celebrations. There are games and competitions of all sorts, dancing and music, good food, and plenty of drink! What's not to like? Give it a few more hours, and this place will be full. I suggest you and your friends get rooms now if you're going to be stayin here tonight."
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"Thank you, William, that clears it up.
I will tell my friends that we should get a room now or risk having to sleep in the stables."

Arkus gives a friendly nod and takes a few steps back towards the table and then pauses to look around the room.

OOC: who else is here? Any travelers or maybe locals who prefer drinking to helping with the preparations outside?
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros passes William a gold coin to reserve his room for the night, as he would rather not sleep in the stables, even though he has spent the night in worse places.
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

Phelan does the same as it has been quite some time since she has slept in a bed and not the ground.
Phelan
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

William accepts your coins, and says "alright folks. Each of the rooms has accommodations for two within. So you may each get an individual room, or share two rooms. Your decision."

Around the common room, Arkus can see that there are a couple other tables with what seem to be fairly common folk seated at them. They all appear to be human. He can't tell for sure which or local and which are travelers just from a cursory look, but none of them stand out as adventurers or soldiers of any sort.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

"An individual room if you please, seeing as I am the only female in the group."
Phelan
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Well Cael or Arkus... One of you could bunk with me if you wish, as there are accommodations for 2 in each room, up to you my friends.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Seeing that his companions have listened in on the conversation and are already paying, Arkus also parts with one of his few remaining gold coins.

To Barros: "Maybe we should share a room to give Cael some quiet for his studies?"

To all: "Since there is not much going on in here, how about we take a stroll and see what else this place has to offer besides the temple and tavern? Just let me finish my food."

With that, Arkus returns to the table and starts wolfing down the remainder of his stew.
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Arkus, if you want to share the room that I have already paid for to save your gold coin, that is fine with me. I could also go for a walk around after my meal.

Phelan, Cael... either of you up for it?
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

"I will go along. If the rest of the town is anything like the temple, then I doubt we will see much more than humility. Nevertheless, it is early and there won't be much excitement here at the inn until later if the innkeeper is correct."
Phelan