The Cell Corridor (OOC Chat)

Gladiator combat PbP action

Moderator: Longman

Longman

The Cell Corridor (OOC Chat)

Post by Longman »

Hi guys,

Please keep your chat and questions here.

As soon as I open up play-threads for you, can you post your characters as your first post in those?
pinewood

Re: The Cell Corridor (OOC Chat)

Post by pinewood »

Can you relink the document/file.php document, it doesn't appear to link to anything (or I don't know how to use it).

Also, how many combat specializations do fighters get?
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Combat Specialization request:

Unarmed Specialization

Unarmed attacks (limited to punches and kicks) do normal damage (non-subdue) and reduce to-hit penalty from -4 to -2 ( or removed.. completely :D )
Longman

Post by Longman »

The document is here: download/file.php?id=1799. I will fix the link.

There is no to hit penalty for unarmed attacks according to my reading of the rules. There is a -4 penalty for subduing attacks with weapons. Unarmed attacks are normal attacks that do 1d2 for a punch or 1d3 for a kick (which is at -2 to hit for the kick).

You can specialize in that, as you would a normal weapon. Or, you can remove the stipulation that says it cannot be done against people in metal armor. Or, you can remove the -2 kick penalty.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

In the Equipment Emporium it is 1d3 and 1d4 (for punches/kicks respectively), am I reading from the right place?

I had misread subduing damage in the core rules, which is why I initially wanted that combat specialization. I thought that 0 HP characters couldn't die from further subduing damage (which seems silly in retrospect).
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sorry guys - just tried to upload map attachments for the fighting arena and got a message saying the board attachment limit has been reached.

It may be the case we have to go and play this game somewhere else - on unseen servant, or another venue. If you guys are still up for it, that is.

I will talk to Solomoriah about it, and see what is going on.

By the way - I am using 1d2 for punches and 1d3 for kicks, as in core rules. Ignore what the Equipment Emporium says about that.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

I'm still down.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

What is my roll for throwing the net?
Longman

Post by Longman »

well, the first round of fights has been pretty bad for the players. You both had decent chances to get your opponents, but unfortunately, you rolled badly to hit, and they rolled well.

Hope you guys will stick with this for a bit. I'll tweak the rules as I go and add in new elements so it doesn't get too repetitive.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Ok, my next character will be Hakki the Dwarf, another Fighter.
Ability scores STR 11, INT 11, WIS 8, DEX 12, CON 13, CHA 9 (switched DEX and CON rolls)
Hit points: 3
I'll post the complete stats and choose a specialization in the new thread.