HAKKI the DWARF

Gladiator combat PbP action

Moderator: Longman

Longman

HAKKI the DWARF

Post by Longman »

Hakki the Dwarf is from a province of the Empire where there was a recent insurrection and Hakki was captured by Imperial soldiers, even though he actually took no part in it. Or did he?

He was given to the arena by the Empire, and is told he must fight to win his freedom. This will require winning 4 fights. After that he is a free dwarf - or may become a professional fighter, if he desires.

He speaks Empire and Dwarvish.

Post stats and roll for initiative. (You will be in the same starting arena as your last character).
Rhialto

Re: HAKKI the DWARF

Post by Rhialto »

Hakki
Dwarf Fighter
Level 1 [1500 XP of 2000 XP required for 2nd level]

STR 11 [+0, light load 60 lbs, heavy load 150 lbs]
INT 11 [+0]
WIS 8 [-1]
DEX 12 [+0]
CON 13 [+1]
CHA 9 [+0]

Hit points 3 [1d8+1]
AC 12 [no armor, Artful Dodger]
Move 30' [no armor, light load]
Melee to hit +1, missile to hit +1
Fist 1d3 subdual damage

Saves
Death Ray or Poison 12 [+4 Dwarf, +1 Con vs. Poison]
Magic Wands 13 [+4 Dwarf]
Paralysis or Petrify 14 [+4 Dwarf]
Dragon Breath 15 [+3 Dwarf]
Spells 17 [+4 Dwarf, -1 Wis vs. mind control]

Special abilities: darkvision 60'; 2 in 6 chance to detect traps, etc.
Combat specialization: Artful Dodger
Last edited by Rhialto on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Hakki stumbles into the arena but gains his bearing quickly (initiative 5).
He grips his weapon (which one?) and scans the pit for his opponent.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hakki has been given leather armor, a medium crossbows and 3 quarrels, but no other weaponry.

The other guy gets a 1. It's your go. You are at J02 and he is at J19. You can't actually see him right now.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Hakki loads his crossbow while moving to D03 behind the pillar in the southwest corner.

He grumbles: "All I ask for is a decent weapon and they give me a toy fit for elves. Bet the other guy is a halfling with a battleaxe."

[OOC: what are the stats for a medium crossbow? I used light crossbow stats above.]
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sorry, I meant a light crossbow. It was already loaded, but getting to D03 takes 7 squares. In leather armor, you only have 6 (30'move) This, you can have reached this square in safety with a double move. From now on remember you only have 6 squares, max of 12 with a double move).

Your opponent has his turn. You catch sight of him as he is running behind the other pillar (C19). He is also a dwarf with a crossbow and leathers. It's almost a mirror image.

Your opponent rolls a 6 for initiative and will probably delay...what do you do? (Roll init and act).
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

[I count 6 squares from J02 to D03, or did Hakki start at K02? Doesn't matter now...]

Hakki ducks his head and quickly moves behind the big central pillar (initiative 4, moving 6 squares D03 to J09, defense action for +4 to AC).

He shouts to his opponent: "I'd rather fight you with axe and shield in the proper way of our ancestors. Just so you know."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sorry Rhialto, my description of Defending is the rules wasn't that clear. It's a whole round action. You can't move and do that as well. So if you run top your stated location, your AC will be normal.

Do you still want to do that?
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

In this case, Hakki simply steps to E04 with his crossbow at the ready and shoots his opponent if he dares to show his face.

[OOC: not sure if this is a simultaneous attack or if the other guy shoots first. Your call.]
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hmm. It's not completely relevant right now because he does not step out from behind his pillar, in his action. You have moved to E04 and delayed, that's you go. He does not appear.

The crowd start cheering, and some people start counting slowly up from 1 in the language of the Empire.

1-2-3-4....