Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Nazim

Re: Chapter 7

Post by Nazim »

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon, overhearing artie, tosses out an idol speculation, "land of the Hawk and Dove? If they think of us as skygods, maybe we are the hawk and dove, or whoever the actual skygods are may be the hawk and dove?"
"The gods and the spirits are distinct. There are only 14 spirits, seven pairs. The Sky gods appear to be opposed to the sea demons, which seems to reflect us perfectly. The spirits... they're not us."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"by blood the gate is opened ... Nice work, Mr. Evans. I hope you can find our way out of here now that you've opened the gate. I hope we don't have to traipse our way through all seven gates to get back to ours. BTW, I hope you have your math right, and that its not seven ways and seven spirits each way."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

OCC: Sorry even though my character is suppose to know how to make a sling I, sadly, do not. I hope this post will work for you, if not, please let me know.

Tommy will attempt to do the best job he can in making a sling. Since they did not bring rope down other then the one that is tying the ship down, Tommy will either ask Will for rope or have to go up to the ship to get some rope first. After he gets the sling made, assuming that they have Vance under the ship, will take the sling and attempt to attach it to Vance. Somebody will have to pull him up, therefore, unless Monday has a better idea, Tommy will head back up the ladder in order to pull Vance up.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Hywaywolf wrote:"by blood the gate is opened ... Nice work, Mr. Evans. I hope you can find our way out of here now that you've opened the gate. I hope we don't have to traipse our way through all seven gates to get back to ours. BTW, I hope you have your math right, and that its not seven ways and seven spirits each way."
"Hmmm, I'm betting that sacrificial knife had something to do with it," Will says, then he winks at his fellows, "then that would be on me." Will get's rope or strong strips of cloth from the natives for Tommy and helps as best as he can.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

"Let's gte this man back to the ship, and maybe someone up there may have some medical experience. Then we can figure out what to do about the nazi submarine. They must have had some way to get here, so they must have something useful."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"they were probably caught up in the same electrical storm we were when we were brought here. Besides, we haven't seen a sub yet, just a raft."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Tommy Mansel's experience leaned more toward army than navy, and so it seemed he was better at making a stretcher than a sling; but when Kordal saw what he and Will were trying to do, he sent a man to get a piece of cloth. The warrior returned shortly with a sort of sheet or blanket made of the striped cloth. Tommy quickly lashed the cloth to a couple of poles, also helpfully provided by the natives. The stretcher thus prepared was easily secured to a rope thrown down by Chief Engineer Green, attached to "yokes" tied to the pole-ends.

"Very well done," said Monday as the stretcher was lifted up to the ship. "I'm going up the ladder, talk to the Captain a bit. When Steve is safely aboard, you should use the stretcher to get the body up there also, we'll want to look him over a bit, out of sight of our new friends here. Anyone not needed down here should go up with me. The Captain will want to hear from all of us."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie says, "I'll go up last. I have a couple more questions down here."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

After Simon reaches the airship, he will turn his end of the stretcher over to the crew trying to lift Vance up. He will then take a defensive posture and watch the surrounding landscape for enemies. If Artie goes anywhere to ask his questions he will stick with him to watch his back until Artie decides to return to the ship. If Monday considers this a questionable decision, Simon will say, "Mr. Evans is still a passenger on the Morgana and deserves the Morgana's protection until he reaches his destination."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

fyi, there was no stretcher to take Steve Vance from the river's edge to the airship mooring, you had to carry him the old fashioned way. not sure who started this "stretcher" rumor... obviously, Tommy just made the darn thing... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org