Chapter 8: Councils of War

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 8: Councils of War

Post by Solomoriah »

"Afraid not, son," replied the Captain. "None of the crew speak enough German to be able to interrogate him. Leftenant Briggs has him in the Ship's Stores, under guard. I may have to ask a passenger to help, but I don't bloody like the idea."

Just then, Chief Engineer Green appeared in the passageway. "We're tied off, sir," he said to the Captain.

"Leftenant Mansel," said the Captain, loudly, "front and center."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

OCC: I'm assuming that the Captain is in the passageway just outside the mess hall where Tommy would easily be able to hear him.

"Yes sir Captain," Tommy will say, and with that Tommy will get up and run straight for where the Captain is.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Easy, son," said Captain Pelton, in response to Mansel's headlong rush. "Now, I want you and Mister Lars to proceed with your scouting mission, posthaste. If either of you need anything, now's the time to ask. Otherwise, it's off with you. I'll accompany you to the overlook. Leftenant Briggs, you have the Bridge."

"Aye, sir," said Briggs, who was standing near the Bridge door.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Actually sir, I was just wondering if anyone would happen to have hunting knife, or really any large knife that could be used as a weapon. I figure we will need to be keeping it quite down until the right time and therefore do not need to be firing our weapons until necessary. Other then that, I'm ready to go."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Let's see now... it seems that our former Leftenant Neville had such a knife. Leftenant Briggs and I had a look 'round in the lockers of the traitors, you see. Feel free to go and fetch it."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

"Great, I'll get the knife and be ready to go," Tommy will say. He will then head off to retrieve the knife. Once he retrieves the knife he will head to the aft overlook to catch up with Lars and the Captain.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

When Tommy and Simon are together at the overlook, Simon will say to Tommy. "The village is just to the north of us (OOC: I don't remember a specific distance, I would assume between a 1/4 mile and a 1/2 mile?). I couldn't see much of it, but I saw the conning tower from the u-boat, for sure. Its on the far side of the village, which looks pretty quiet at the moment. The village is on a slight rise in a mostly treeless area and it looks pretty boggy from the village eastward to the coast. If you are interested in suggestions I propose we try to sneak around to the sub from the west which looked a bit dryer and get ourselves into a position to either rescue Artie prior to our villagers attacking the village or if we have to wait, then use that attack as a diversion to get on board."

Simon turns toward the Captain. "Sir, if the situation allows, I'd think it would be most useful for the villagers to attack from the east side of camp which would hopefully draw some of the guards from the area of the sub. I would also propose that if things fall into the shit and the Morganna has to move, that we try for a pickup at the Hut where we first met the villagers. (OOC, how far is that from here?)"

Simon turns at the sound of Will arriving. "Ah, Mr. Thornton will you be joining us? This may be a one-way trip."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A few notes:
Hywaywolf wrote:"The village is just to the north of us (OOC: I don't remember a specific distance, I would assume between a 1/4 mile and a 1/2 mile?).
A mile to the east-northeast, actually. Morgana is moored to the last bit of forest, just above a clearing; just a quarter mile or so of forest separates Morgana from the semi-open low country, dotted with sparse trees, that surrounds the Suran village. I'll get a map together for you soon.
Hywaywolf wrote:Simon turns at the sound of Will arriving. "Ah, Mr. Thornton will you be joining us? This may be a one-way trip."
Thornton must still be sleeping. The Captain has not, it appears, sent anyone to invite him along.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Sorry, sir. The little scamp has a tendency to show up whenever I am doing something dangerous near this overlook and I know he expressed a desire to go along. Shall I go collect him?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Thornton?" said Captain Pelton, frowning. "He's a bloody passenger, son, and I won't have a passenger in harm's way. No, it's you and the leftenant, here. Now, if you're quite ready, it's off with you both. Good luck."

Will awoke suddenly. Someone was knocking on his door. Groggy, he tried to remember where, exactly, he was. Then it all came back to him in a rush.

"Will?" came a feminine voice. "Mister Thornton?" It was Lily, no doubt about it.