Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Explore the Northern continent of the Westernlands Campaign
starting in the city of Ravenstone. A city of greed and corruption,
where adventure and danger lurk. The city and the lands around it provide ample opportunity for anyone brave enough to chance it.

Moderator: bhyeti

Modric

Re: Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Post by Modric »

Vrak, turning to Tam, says quietly, "See? Another question." Vrak follows the stern man into the room...
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"And I'm not sure I even know the answer..."
Tam follows Modric and the recruiter.
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Stumbling in, Benn looks over to the crowd moving into the back room. "This the place to sign up for the, uh, Irregulars?" He straightens up best he could and fights off the desire to rub at his eyes. "Saw some of them flyers, thought I'd try a hand at it." He approaches the door where the others are, giving the old crone a stare and wondering why a lich was acting as a secretary.

"Mind if I, uh, follow you lot in there?"
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

The stern man drills two holes through Benn with his eyes,"It's a good thing the Irregulars are based on individual merit and not punctuality'"

The stern man went on,"I would like to welcome you here but it would be pointless. You'll probably hate joining later..."

"My name is Ravik, the assistant to the minister, who is away on business."

"The Irregulars are not a group of people with improper bowel movements, they were conceived as a solution to problems outside of the normal channels, all we care about are results. How you achieve that is up to you, as long as the mission is accomplished, no other Irregulars are killed or injured , and most importantly, Ravenstone and the Countess are safe."

"We normally don't have much faith in walk-ins, they usually don't make it through the first mission, however, there is always a diamond in the rough."

"You will not even be on probationary status until after your first mission."

"Other than that, there are no more questions that will be answered here."

"If you are interested, give what ever name you want to be known as to Mrs.Belot, the secretary, she will issue a medallion with your serial number on it. Guard this with your life, it is your only form of identification that will keep you out of trouble, the prison or the slaver's hold."

"After that, you will report to Captain Gradren, at the West Gate barracks, all will be explained there. Think long and hard before you accept the medallion, the punishment for most infractions is death, but the rewards are beyond measure.'

"That is all I have, you may go."

With that Rivak departs the room and goes through a door in the back.
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

As you leave the office those that take the offer line up at the secrtary's desk and meet her steely gaze.

"Please be creative with your new "names", not everyone is named John Smith."
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Tam is not impressed by the speech.
As the recruiter leaves, he mutters "They always overstate the importance of the job and the generosity of the payment."
Nevertheless, he shuffles over to the crone's desk to register as "Tam Redeye".
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

After the group registers at the desk, you make your way to the West Gate barracks.

Even though it is early spring, the drizzling rain makes for a miserable day and a long walk.

The barracks is another large part of the internal defenses of Ravenstone, only recently taken over by the Irregulars.

When you enter, you are met by Sergeant Lasko, who records your serial numbers and shows to a briefing room.

"Captain Gradren will be with you shortly."
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Tam sits down, looking somewhat lost.
After all, this is the kind of situation he ran away from.
He looks at the other two: "Any idea what they will actually ask us to do?"
Modric

Post by Modric »

Vrak wraps his cloak around him to ward off the chill in the air and waits for the Captain to arrive.
Modric

Post by Modric »

Vrak raises an eyebrow and responds to Tam's question, "Most likely anything, so long as we take the fall and they remain blameless. Convenient."