Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rookie555 »

The cat will be sleeping on a tree branch as you guys come back.

But the party will return to the village where they started. Terreance is saddened to hear the death of Grimlar when you folks encountered the kobolds. So you all and terrance come back to be encountered by a shady group of four people in the night. Though they have not decided to approach you at all, but you get the odd presence as you come back to the village. All of you get relaxed a little while before getting ready to make a 2nd attempt to investigate. Which you all then are in an inn and are surrounded by many folks as they are enjoying the night.

OCC: oops I post this in OCC so now it is here lol
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

OOC: hahaha I did the same oops. Posting here now too.

Zill will sit quietly in the corner of the tavern mentally preparing for the next adventure and enjoying what may be his last peaceful evening while mourning Grimlar the Bold. He buys a round the party for a toast to the brave fighter.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

The group enjoys their toast under the light of the moon and the Inn is not noisily as usually it would be, but a handful of visitors are sitting in each table in the area. The Innkeeper tends to the cleaning of the Inn and paying attention to most of her guest. While that happens inside the Inn

Grace, you awake as you have probably slept or been drugged and you feel the chill from the outside. The vision clears and you are awakened to end up in a cage as you are on the trail to the city of Valenor. Two guards are on a carriage and two others watch as patrol to safely take you to the city. Though your mind remains foggy and unfocused as you see images of a past you recall. The unexpected shock arrives as guards are talking until they are ambush by a band of thieves and a fight occurs. A thief then approaches your cage to quickly release you and says "hurry while you can friend!". You nauseously and quickly run away from the scene that goes on. Which you find a way to hide from any of the public and find a shed near by the Inn. As you are not only afraid you finally recall an old man, a priest, you once knew on a ship at sea in your memories. "I one day wish, Grace. you see all the glory up in the skies. I may not live to see you long, but your spirit and will to take up the oath is a matter of importance. Stay strong, for which the path is walk only ever changes".

As to that, the evening begins to transition. The sunrise is to begin a new day and change what had happened...
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

You all now start the new day in the morning and take care of preparation to go back to Oldwin's house. The Inn is quiet, but from the looks of it there are travelers and other adventurers relax. As they have come far to just take a break.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I guess we should be asking around for a Fighter (or Thief named Grace specifically lol).
I will hire the town cryer for a couple silver if need be, to announce to the public that we are in need of another adventurer so we can hire a fighter type.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Zilljan will try in any means of making some kind of announcement with some paper he is able to use. which the Innkeeper has a billboard that also has some other information and news that has been put up on the board. Many folks look as usual at what is new around the lands. There are a handful of Dwarves and Humans that have come far and "look" out of place. Which then a Dwarf approaches the group as he then bows with his hand forming a fist onto his chest. "greetings, I see you lot are looking for someone with warrior of might and made of steel! maybe I can offer my services as you offer payment for joining you."

Also Grace, it is morning and you wake up in the shed as it is dark as you hide behind mundane equipment and items. what would you like to do as you escaped last night?
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grace shakes her head to clear it from any remaining nausea. She does her best to clear any dust or debris and straighten her self out as much as possible. She does a quick gear check to make sure most of her stuff is still in place. Slightly dizzy she takes a moment to balance. "Sister" comes to her mind, and an image of an elderly woman with a stern expression, switch raised as Grace struggles to stand in the training sands.

She straightens, her muscles remembering her training and the sting of the switch if she didn't recover fast enough. "Mercy for our souls" she murmurs, subconsciously reaching for her prayer beads. She beings the process of reciting her mantra - breathing in on the first bead, reciting and breathing out on the second bead. By bead 40 her head was clear and she was refocused. She took a moment to re-braid her hair, and double check her equipment. She needed to think.

Her last mission had not gone well, and she would need to find a church official to report into. The Sisters of the Warded Way, devotees to Pricilla - Goddess of Oaths and Mothers - would need to escalate their actions against the corrupt Baron. She was lucky to escape, but would need to move quickly. The Baron had agents throughout the region. She straightened out her robes to look somewhat like a religious official.

These thoughts were being organized in her head as she moved towards the Inn. Though somewhat disheveled she would claim she had traveled throughout the night. As she entered she hears the Dwarf's proud declaration. She paused at the doorway and scanned the crowd, "Perhaps," she mused, "Joining this group would be an ideal escape route." She settled her holy symbol on her scapular, tucked any stray red hair under her habit, and approached the table. "Greetings, I am Sister Grace of the Daughters of Mercy" She bowed slightly, "If you are in need of martial aid, I would be honored to join you. I have some skill at nursing and surgery." Her voice is firm, but not with the bite of Mother Superior Croesia.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"Excellent to have you both, welcome aboard" says Zill.
"You will each be given your even share of any treasure we find." And Zill proceeds to catch them up on the adventure details thus far.
"Let us leave at once!
daryen

Post by daryen »

As we prepare to leave, Taply will exclaim, "Oh snap! Grimlar had the key!"
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

The Dwarf then readies his sword in excitement. "then let us travel to where you take us, please call me Turgon." he also gestures towards Grace is also recently come in the Inn. The details you fill them in makes them expect more than a walk in the park. Which now you all prepare to take the 2nd chance into Oldwin's house.