Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by Rookie555 »

daryen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:20 pm So, after this TPK, instead of making new characters, can we just reset and try again? You can then play up the feelings of deja vu while we play it over again from the start.
hmm, that could be a possibility. I know PC death is supposedly normal in older d&d editions due to the way it was created. Though I'll take that as what we call the 2nd chance of being alive. We shall work something out with that
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I have an AC of 14 (AC 13 for hide +1 for shield) against melee attacks and an AC of 16 versus missile attacks (shield is +3 vs missiles). If that is too annoying, AD&D used to do it +2 for a shield like a tower shield against four possible attacks. Let me know if you need a link and I can get if for you.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Rosisha wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:31 am I have an AC of 14 (AC 13 for hide +1 for shield) against melee attacks and an AC of 16 versus missile attacks (shield is +3 vs missiles). If that is too annoying, AD&D used to do it +2 for a shield like a tower shield against four possible attacks. Let me know if you need a link and I can get if for you.
Ah okay, No it's not annoying at all. I'll just update your character from my doc so that I know. I also have your back up character set up as well.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Since this is longer than I want for an "OOC" on the other thread ...

First, I apologize for missing my prompt. I usually check at least once a day, so I have *no* idea how I missed that. That was totally my fault.

Second, you correctly predicted what Taply was going to do. As I mention in my belated post, as he is the second rank, he will keep plucking away with his arrows until he runs out, or something else happens that changes things (like someone in front on him dying).

Third, I have no problems with you rolling. The rolls are what the rolls are. I trust you do be doing your best. When I complain that Taply can't hit the broad side of the barn, that is just me whining at my luck. I'd whine just the same whether they were me rolling the dice or you rolling the dice. Nothing bad meant. Please, whatever you do, do not take any of my whining as negative to you, the game, or what you are doing. I whine when I get bad luck. That's all. :)

And, again, if it ends up in a TPK, that's perfectly fine. Dice don't always do what you want them to do. And it doesn't matter who rolls them.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

well OOC doesn't have to be a short sentence sometimes lol. Though yeah I know I can't force the dice to give a result that I expect it to land or give me. So I'll continue to do what I have to for the game. but yeah I'm not seeing the whining as a bad thing or nothing to ruin the game daryen.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

No worries about missing the post Daryen, it happens. and this is just for fun so no big deal. I for one am totally fine with the GM taking my moves if I take longer than 24h to answer. I'd rather come back and catch up on the action than get my own say. Cuz let's face it, it's not a complex game and 98% of the time we are just going to do the obvious appropriate action anyhow so anyone can realistically run our characters.
Doing a great job rookie555, keep up the good work.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:27 pm No worries about missing the post Daryen, it happens. and this is just for fun so no big deal. I for one am totally fine with the GM taking my moves if I take longer than 24h to answer. I'd rather come back and catch up on the action than get my own say. Cuz let's face it, it's not a complex game and 98% of the time we are just going to do the obvious appropriate action anyhow so anyone can realistically run our characters.
Doing a great job rookie555, keep up the good work.
thanks a bunch, it really is just about fun for the game since I'm not trying to over worry on the rules and stuff.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Okay guys I have this ridiculous idea to retreat safly/quickly if you want to save Grimlar before he goes down.... because once he does I think we're all doomed.
I can cast my ridiculous only spell "floating disk" at range to put it directly behind/beside grimlar. On my next turn. I propose he steps up unto it and the rest of us turn and run. Since grimlar is in melee combat with them he cannot afford to drop his guard to turn and run away. But on the disk he can keep his defenses up while it floats to follow me at full (unencumbered) speed. My movement of 40' should be able to outpace those kobold. Would that work maybe Mr. GM?

But what do you all say? Are we fighting to the death or do you want to play it safe? I'm easy either way lol one DOES have to "crack some eggs to make an omlette" as they say.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

CptClyde wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 am I can cast my ridiculous only spell "floating disk" at range to put it directly behind/beside grimlar. On my next turn. I propose he steps up unto it and the rest of us turn and run. Since grimlar is in melee combat with them he cannot afford to drop his guard to turn and run away. But on the disk he can keep his defenses up while it floats to follow me at full (unencumbered) speed. My movement of 40' should be able to outpace those kobold. Would that work maybe Mr. GM?
I'd say it's do able when it is to be your turn. Though if Grimlar doesn't move to much on the disc then it will be fine and the disc allowing to follow at your pace. So we deciding to evade this next round?
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I'm going to hold them off guys. If they try to come past me to attack you, then I get attacks of opportunity. But they have ranged weapons, and if we retreat, we just will get picked apart over time. This is what Grimlar was born to do!