Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

daryen

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by daryen »

Well, this being Basic Fantasy, I am hoping a dungeon crawl is involved at some point.

But, since we are starting at first level, I think we need to start small with something that allows us to have success with but a single combat. My 7 hp and his 3 hp aren't gonna last long, especially with our ACs. So, maybe start us out with some simple side-mission style things to give us a level or two before we start something big.

Also, being a halfling Druid means I am more than up for wilderness/forest adventures. Very up for that.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I'm easy, whatever you enjoy enough to run is fine for me.

Though I do enjoy dungeon crawls with some wilderness adventure too. Anything with action in it :)
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

daryen wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:25 pm Well, this being Basic Fantasy, I am hoping a dungeon crawl is involved at some point.

But, since we are starting at first level, I think we need to start small with something that allows us to have success with but a single combat. My 7 hp and his 3 hp aren't gonna last long, especially with our ACs. So, maybe start us out with some simple side-mission style things to give us a level or two before we start something big.

Also, being a halfling Druid means I am more than up for wilderness/forest adventures. Very up for that.
lol all good points, but to be honest I'm fine with super difficult/deadly (even random) encounters. I'm 100% fine with PC death and find it often to be the best part of OSR play. My party members may not agree though :) so once again I'm fine with the majority ruling.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Alrighty, I can whip anything up in the beginning of your adventures. Also yeah I won't easily eliminate the PCs.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

So seeing as we have a magic user and a druid than I can do fighter, thief or cleric. Whatever you guys want works for me
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I vote fighter!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I'm going to run a human fighter!

Grimlar Bright-Fist
Race: Human
Hair: Brown
Eye: Green
Weight: 194'
Height: 72"

STR: 16
DEX: 9
CON: 15
INT: 9
WIS: 6
CHR: 15

Hit Points: 9

Equipment (Using Equipment Emporium)
Battle Axe, a Spear, & 2 hand axes
Hide Armor, & Tower Shield
Dry Rations (1 weeks)
Fighter's Kit
Bedroll, Blanket, 10sq yd canvas
Cold weather outfit, traveler's outfit
Crowbar, hand drill
Hunter's Horn

Edit: Per P&R, Grimlar is specialized in Battle Axe.

Background:
Grimlar was a farmer - a simple peasant when trouble came to his land. He was called to serve - and did so - fighting honorably, though at a great cost. While he defended his king and homeland, these enemies destroyed his farm and killed his family. Carrying fresh scars, including one across his knuckles that has given him his honorific, Grimlar now seeks out battle to avenge his family and seek the honor of being recognized as a Ulfhednar - a warrior of great cunning and strength.

Grimlar Bright-Fist is a tall human male, young but battle hardened. He is not from wealth, and does not wield a sword - but instead wields a bearded axe, as tool and weapon. He is rash and hot headed, often charging into battle before fully thinking. However, he makes up for his rashness with a friendly and disarming manner, and is generally liked by those he works with.
Last edited by Rosisha on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I love a good old human fighter, nicely done. Great druid too!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Back up character: Human Thief

Grace "The Black Swan" Ni Mhaille
Race: Human
Hair: Red
Eye: Green
Weight: 100'
Height: 61"

STR: 11
DEX: 18
CON: 13
INT: 9
WIS: 13
CHR: 16

Hit Points: 7

Equipment (Using Equipment Emporium)
Padded Armor
Throwing Blades (4)
Crossbow (Light)
Bolts (10)
Walking Stick
Prayer Beads
Clerical Vestments
Cleric Kit

Background:
When the first pirate ships were spotted sailing hard towards the rocky shores of Carraigbeal, Grace was learning needlework in her mother's shop - excited to see the beautiful patterns and thread work coming together before her eye. She had nimble fingers and knew she would quickly learn how to use the needles her mother danced across the fabric. It was a good day.

That changed. The rampaging horde made quick work of the cities defenses and sacked the city, the battle lasted for hours but in the end, the night was lit by the burning buildings as the rovers sacked and drank and defiled the city and her people. Grace's world was destroyed, her people scattered and where a hopeful girl stood - a grim shadow remains.

Captured by the pirates, Grace expected the worst - but fate intervened. A kindly old man, another captive of the pirates, was a priest. Old and unable to escape, they left him alone due to his healing skills. He refused to pray over them, but would bind their wounds in exchange for better treatment for prisoners. When he saw Grace dragged in still holding some of her tailoring material, he had her assigned to him as an apprentice - she learned his prayers, and his skill with healing. After many years, she was able to escape captivity. But she has taken up the oaths of a priest and healer, but her path is darker. She learned many skills from the pirates - and her calling now is to use those skills for vengeance. She does take her oaths to the Church seriously, though she is incapable of holy magic.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Since Rosisha rolled up a great fighter and thief I will try a go at a Cleric

Name: Deckard Rhyn

Male
48 years old
lvl:1
MV:30'

STR:13 (+1)
INT:11
WIS:16 (+2)