Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

CptClyde

Re: looking for players: BFRPG pbp

Post by CptClyde »

Wow my frst pbp game. Exciting. I'll be fine to post anywhere from 1-10 times a day I expect. My desk job makes it quite easy to slip in and out of the forum.
I'm looking forward to seeing all your characters. And I'm happy to play whatever class no one else picks. I love playing boring humans too lol.
Rookie555

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by Rookie555 »

daryen wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:23 pm Woot!

The thread has been made. So, first things first: What are the parameters of character creation? I gots lots of ideas, but need to know which direction I can go in.

Looking forward to this!
well good question, what I could say is that you will be able to generate any character using 3d6, but you may rearrange them in anyway ya like instead of in-order rolls. As long as it fits narrative for yourself and not statistically. You can buy equipment normally or we can make it simple and easy using the Equipment Pack Supplement, Whatever the group votes for most. Now I know I've only mostly done solo play with BF for bits and pieces. So I'm sure I could use the extra class supplements I've printed out, but haven't tried them yet and it could be at least not so restrictive to just the core classes that are most recognizable. The ones I've wanted to read more into are:
  • Scout
  • Paladin & Ranger
  • Barbarian
  • Druid
In other terms of what level, HP and experience are concerned. Most character will be Level 1 and I think I kind of prefer I look at one at a time, but having a extra buddy alongside a main character always helps, but they won't be used until they are introduced into the game. the reason alone will then be you start with max HP plus your CON modifier. Now if PCs engage in certain scenarios whether from lucky or unlucky outcomes then its much determined by how your PCs actions affect them. I might have info dumped a simple question, but this helps me not being too vague.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

What's everyone want to play class wise? I'll fill any gaps.
daryen

Post by daryen »

If no one minds, I'd like to try Druid. Is it ok if we roll more than one set of statistics to give ourselves a chance?

I know of an online dice rolling tool we can use if you'd like any kind of verification of rolls. Alternatively, you can roll for us and just tell us our starting stats.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I don't mind ya folks rolling for your own stats. Also it's okay that I'll allow you to roll additional sets of stats if needed.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I am also down to play whatever we need. I will most likely stick to the core classes though.

[update]

I ended up rolling up 1 of each of the 4 core classes just so I am ready
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

In an effort to keep things moving here I'll go ahead then and make a human magic-user.
Have him done today.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Here is my PC for your consideration. Let me know what I should change. If we are tracking encumberance, he comes in at ~52lbs (just under his 60lbs limit to still be Lightly loaded).

Name: Zilljan Greywater
Class: Magic-user
Race: Human Age 30
HP 3
AC 11
MV 40

Str 9
Dex 10
Con 7 (-1)
Int 16 (+2) (Languages: Goblin and Elven)
Wis 13 (+1)
Cha 14 (+1)

Equipment:
-Silk Rope 50ft (2lbs) 10gp
-Quill, Ink and Notebook (1) 20gp
-Chalk 2gp
-Candle 12 1gp
-Lantern Hooded (2) 8gp
-4 Oils Flasks (4) 4gp
-Mirror 7gp
-sling (20 bullets) 1d4
-Silver Dagger 1d4 25gp
-Walking staff 1d4 (1)
-Net 1gp
-Iron Spikes 12 + Mallet (1) 1gp
-Bedroll (5) 17gp
-1 week Rations (14) 10gp
-Tinderbox (1) 3gp
-Waterskin (2) 1g
-Iron Pot (3) 5sp
-Backpack 4gp

Spells:
Read Magic
Floating Disk

Edits: sorry swapped 10 and 13 attributes. Those rolls were my first set, 3d6.
EDIT: I had traded a couple daggers for a sling in pdf version of character sheet. Updating here as well.
Last edited by CptClyde on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
daryen

Post by daryen »

My stats are as follows:
Str 9
Dex 11
Con 13 (+1)
Int 12
Wis 14 (+1)
Cha 12

I'm planning for a halfling Druid. (I can be talked into elf if we need darkvision.)

I am planning on leather armor, shortsword, and shortbow for the main equipment. He'll have an assortment of other crap I haven't figured out yet stuffed into a backpack. Someone else has to be the one to carry the 10 foot poles. :)

Obviously he has no spells to start with.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Alrighty, so far ya two have a character in mind. So I guess before we get Daryen and GrimlinJoe ready up. I'm making an entire game off scratch so much of the adventures won't come from any modules. So Im wanting to know before hand any ideas an type of setting you guys want? Or ya want whatever I make.