Out of Character chat

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Out of Character chat

Post by Rookie555 »

welp there goes your spell fizzled after being at the beach. Though the group can decide if they wanna go through the left door with just a silver key or try Taply's experimental idea of using the key with a shortcut.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I say we do the short cut method and see what happens
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Welp I'm sure this is mostly a decision for the group since it kinda depends how we wanna focus on this stuff. The option is that we decide to use discord either from the official BFRPG server or possibly just a group chat for this pbp. Though i think a few of ya folks aren't in the official server i believe? I use discord often so it is easier for me to talk while checking on things. Since I'm also slowly getting into a new job I'm not sure how the experience will be like. Otherwise we can do purely the pbp and no worries of having voice chatting unless using google hangouts or Skype.
if we wanna try discord then my username is DanBoyo#8535. I know Grimlinjoe and Rosisha are in the official server already.

What i might end up doing is making a new topic and summarize the bits of things that occurred in-game and allow it to be easier to look over things not recalled.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Rookie555 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:14 pm Welp I'm sure this is mostly a decision for the group since it kinda depends how we wanna focus on this stuff. The option is that we decide to use discord either from the official BFRPG server or possibly just a group chat for this pbp. Though i think a few of ya folks aren't in the official server i believe? I use discord often so it is easier for me to talk while checking on things. Since I'm also slowly getting into a new job I'm not sure how the experience will be like. Otherwise we can do purely the pbp and no worries of having voice chatting unless using google hangouts or Skype.
if we wanna try discord then my username is DanBoyo#8535. I know Grimlinjoe and Rosisha are in the official server already.

What i might end up doing is making a new topic and summarize the bits of things that occurred in-game and allow it to be easier to look over things not recalled.
Sorry just to be clear. Are we looking to move the campaign elsewhere?
daryen

Post by daryen »

I don't want to move the campaign. One of the attractions was to do it PbP.

That said, I have never used Discord (or any of those other items). My only on-line RPG efforts have been this PbP and elsewhere "play by email list". But my issue with doing something more direct is just timing. My schedule is awful and consistent availability is not my strength. That's why I like the "asynchronous" approach.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Ah I see, yeah the scheduling is a problem nowadays. so I might not move it at all really and I'm gonna write up the summary.