Rules

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Rules

Post by Rookie555 »

Here there will be an explanation of the rules being done here and how much of it will run every possible time played. First let's begin with combat:
  • Group Initiative will be based of if there are similar Monsters and NPCs that could be rolled all together, but the PCs roll individually as normal.
  • If combat were to happen (or be a last resort). There will be ranks of engagement from melee to range distance. Also to be thought about as Front, Middle and Back Rank, Here is how it is defined:
Front Rank: Up close and personal with the monsters. Melee weapons and spells only
Middle Rank: Directly behind the front-rank figthers. Pole-type weapons for melee, Plus ranged weapons and spells.
Back Rank: Farther back, possibly even separate altogether. No melee weapons, just magic and missiles

This all varies as to how small or large a group of PCs and/or monsters are in varying scenarios. it also helps to know where other wish to be in before planning of moving different ranks. The ranks too have limitations, but will still be possible to achieve.

Thieves or any characters of classes with skills. They have the ability to sneak out of their place in the rank. a successful Hide roll will allow them to drop out of the battle that turn, but another Hide roll may be attempted if wishing to sneak further any rank desired. While hidden, on their turn they can attempt a backstab in any rank they have reached and return to a position that grants them a bit of safety.
  • Character Creation: you roll 3d6, but may rearrange to make the character desired. You may select any additional 5 classes from beyond the core classes: Fighter, Magic-user, Cleric and Thief. Which the classes based of what I picked for preference are: Scout, Paladin & Ranger, Druid and Barbarian. While buying equipment, picking spells and noting any other abilities. You apply max HP+CON modifier for your character for level 1, but further on you roll the Hit Dice off of your class. Also to remember you may roll for multiple (not too much) sets of ability scores to fit the best one for you.
  • Alignment is not existent which allows to easily build the NPCs and PCs to freely know who they are.
  • Theater of the mind will in general be played out in this play by post with enough possibility to provide enough description, but of course is not limited to visual images and maps ever used.
  • Dungeon mapping does not have to be done in game. However treat this as something optional if you want to be the mapper for anything drawn.
Overall there are not much changes to the game, but what's listed above. Everything else from core rules will remain and unchanged. Though sometimes I will wing it if I don't recall the finest detail from a rule.

Rules Update 4/21/21:
  • Companions can join a PC's party though regardless of being NPCs. They will never share and gain experience from each adventure played.
Rules Update 6/22/21: Adventures unfolding and greater
  • XP is determined on the importance of adventures, but this means the world and how it's effected by the PCs. The notable value will the 50xp or 100xp. The +10% experience bonus will apply as normal to earned experience. The purpose is that if any PC is active on an adventure they receive no adjusted xp value.
  • The gold for XP is optional, but most of the game will determined by other methods along with slaying monsters. The slaying of monsters, stealth, diplomacy (or intimidation), and other actions within the world. The value of XP is halved as normal by the # of PCs in a party.
  • The NPCs or companions that accompany the PCs do not get a share of the experience that is collected. The catch is however that while they remain the same in any adventures. A PC can opt to be the NPCs advance in levels like PCs if ever their characters die in the world.
That is all to the new details :)
CptClyde

Re: Rules

Post by CptClyde »

Can Magic Users use a sling?
Can Magic-Users throw daggers?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Yeah I'll allow those particular weapons to be used/thrown for magic-users. Other weapons will just be restricted as normal. However I don't like the cleric being restricted to blunt weapons so any cleric who follow any type of diety involving warfare and knowledge/wisdom of war. I will allow the use of any other weapons.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Will Fighter Options be available?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I've only looked into the fighters options a while back starting out on the system. So I'm just kinda gonna leave the class simple. I'll look at the supplement again as the game moves forward, however.
daryen

Post by daryen »

I recommend using just the fighter options presented in the updated Paladin & Rangers supplement. It was included specifically to give the fighter something to keep up with those two classes. Since you are including both, I think you should include the whole P&R supplement.

Alternatively, play a Ranger. :D
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Ah there is more to the supplement, perhaps from the showcase or just from the downloads?

oh wait last updated on March 1st. So yeah you may use the updated version of the P&R supplement. I must've not seen that when I was logged off.
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Rookie555 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:07 am Here there will be an explanation of the rules being done here and how much of it will run every possible time played. First let's begin with combat:
  • Group Initiative will be based of if there are similar Monsters and NPCs that could be rolled all together, but the PCs roll individually as normal.
  • If combat were to happen (or be a last resort). There will be ranks of engagement from melee to range distance. Also to be thought about as Front, Middle and Back Rank, Here is how it is defined:
Front Rank: Up close and personal with the monsters. Melee weapons and spells only
Middle Rank: Directly behind the front-rank figthers. Pole-type weapons for melee, Plus ranged weapons and spells.
Back Rank: Farther back, possibly even separate altogether. No melee weapons, just magic and missiles

This all varies as to how small or large a group of PCs and/or monsters are in varying scenarios. it also helps to know where other wish to be in before planning of moving different ranks. The ranks too have limitations, but will still be possible to achieve.

Thieves or any characters of classes with skills. They have the ability to sneak out of their place in the rank. a successful Hide roll will allow them to drop out of the battle that turn, but another Hide roll may be attempted if wishing to sneak further any rank desired. While hidden, on their turn they can attempt a backstab in any rank they have reached and return to a position that grants them a bit of safety.
  • Character Creation: you roll 3d6, but may rearrange to make the character desired. You may select any additional 5 classes from beyond the core classes: Fighter, Magic-user, Cleric and Thief. Which the classes based of what I picked for preference are: Scout, Paladin & Ranger, Druid and Barbarian. While buying equipment, picking spells and noting any other abilities. You apply max HP+CON modifier for your character for level 1, but further on you roll the Hit Dice off of your class. Also to remember you may roll for multiple (not too much) sets of ability scores to fit the best one for you.
  • Alignment is not existent which allows to easily build the NPCs and PCs to freely know who they are.
  • Theater of the mind will in general be played out in this play by post with enough possibility to provide enough description, but of course is not limited to visual images and maps ever used.
  • Dungeon mapping does not have to be done in game. However treat this as something optional if you want to be the mapper for anything drawn.
Overall there are not much changes to the game, but what's listed above. Everything else from core rules will remain and unchanged. Though sometimes I will wing it if I don't recall the finest detail from a rule.

Rules Update 4/21/21:
  • Companions can join a PC's party though regardless of being NPCs. They will never share and gain experience from each adventure played.
Rules Update 6/22/21: Adventures unfolding and greater
  • XP is determined on the importance of adventures, but this means the world and how it's effected by the PCs. The notable value will the 50xp or 100xp. The +10% experience bonus will apply as normal to earned experience. The purpose is that if any PC is active on an adventure they receive no adjusted xp value.
  • The gold for XP is optional, but most of the game will determined by other methods along with slaying monsters. The slaying of monsters, stealth, diplomacy (or intimidation), and other actions within the world. The value of XP is halved as normal by the # of PCs in a party.
  • The NPCs or companions that accompany the PCs do not get a share of the experience that is collected. The catch is however that while they remain the same in any adventures. A PC can opt to be the NPCs advance in levels like PCs if ever their characters die in the world.
That is all to the new details :)
Should we roll ourselves or will you roll for us? The initiative part.
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I do most of the initiative rolls when combat comes up.