Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rosisha

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rosisha »

Grace frowns for a moment, then reaches up to her holy symbol - "I felt a presence... moving down the hallway. Perhaps an echo from your fallen companion?" She gestures down the hall they had gone down before, "It wishes us to go this way." Before they answer she slips through the door, attempting to move as silently as possible (OOC: I'd like to roll for a move silent check) and follow the spirit.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Rookie555 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:08 pm
daryen wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:38 pm Quickly, but quietly, closing the door, Taply says, "It would appear all of the doors are unlocked. I wonder if the key makes them open to a different corridor?"

A thought takes him and he opens the door again to see if it looks and sounds the same as the first time he just did it.
As you reopen the door quietly. You do see the same atmosphere and sounds from beyond.
Satisfied, Taply quietly closes the door again and joins the others.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Grace initiates to following what she felt walking down the foggy hallway in silence. the group hears the ambience of nature even if this moment feels off. Though the spirit that is in the hallway then isn't there suddenly as Grace loses it's presence as it stops at the two paths the party came by. Which with obvious direction. The party will see the after battle with the kobolds they dealt with. Along with the corpses of the kobolds, they see their friend Grimlar who is laying on the ground with dry blood and his eyes closed.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply says, "Before we continue the exploration, we should retrieve our friend's body and lay it to rest."
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"Agreed" says Zill as he helps.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

"Of course." Grace moves to help.
daryen

Post by daryen »

OOC: As we are gathering Grimlar to properly bury him, Taply tries to remember if it is unusual or normal for Kobolds to leave either own dead or their opponent's dead where they lie. If he thinks it is unusual, or if he just doesn't know, he will point out this incongruity.
daryen

Post by daryen »

BTW, Taply will also be sure to look for the key and retrieve it (while telling everyone what he is doing) if he finds it. He will take nothing but the key.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

You all help to properly make a burial for grimlar's body. There is enough effort that his burial will please him from above. After finishing up and Taply acquires the keys from Grimlar. Which he does see them strapped to Grimlar's belt. The party stands now with a grave and scattered bodies in the hall. What do you do now?

OCC: Gotcha Taply, I had this as a draft and had to add up since I got a new washer
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply says, "Now that we have the keys, I want to try an experiment back int the main room. I want to put the key in the center door to see if I see the same thing as I did when using no key. We don't have to go in. I just want to see what happens."

He will not do this on his own. He will only do this if the group agrees.