Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

Rookie555

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by Rookie555 »

the man looks at Deckard and the rest of the group and says "he goes by the name of Oldwin. An old fellow who perhaps so helps the elves in works to keep nature align normally. Though the last we saw elves was a explorer who came to speak to him, but I told him that Druid looked panicked and focused on something. Which then his home and others outside of his woods are gone and the area became a bit off". The barkeep then approaches the group's table and gives the party their drinks and one for the person of interest.

The man then says "ah yes, I forgot to tell you my name, I'm Terrance, a local farmer close to the village. Pardon my manners".
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Greetings Terrance and I wish a many blessings on Oldwin for their safety. It would seem as though you are quite attuned to the happenings of this area. What could you tell us about these woods and possibly what lays beyond these woods? What per se is "off" about the area?
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Terrance scratches his head when asked about Oldwin's forest. "well... as someone who knew him when he was kind of the new neighbor around the block. He might have mentioned his cat that hides in the village or is at the house strolling around still. Though the woods seem to have new arrivals recently. Something happened the one day I went to check on it and some fight went on, but I couldn't tell who was involved since much of the woods are hard enough to know something is there".

He then pulls out a small map of a bit of the surrounding area. He then points and guides a finger towards where the woods are and the road to take from the village. "I would best think this will sorta help you on your travels, However if you wish to have me along your side is up to your party".

What shall you do?
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar takes the map and reviews it, trying to determine how far they are from the location "How long a journey is it as the soldier stumbles?" he asks, as he examines the lines and markings, trying to commit them to memory, "And do you know anything about these new visitors? Have you seen them?" He also begins to covertly assess the farmer-turned-adventurer, trying to determine if he would be capable in a fight.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

"Hm its not that far away, only a short pace like a stoll through the path. I will say though I've heard gust of wings heard but more of the flappy kind. you know like a birds? I also heard dog-like language heard in there and raspy voices as in argument towards either one of them" Terrance says to Grimlar, though looking with some calmness of the mystery "I'm sure I could carry a spear of my own. I may not be battle-hardened like most warriors, but I can at least fight".
daryen

Post by daryen »

Taply says, "If you don't mind my saying so, we all gathered this fine morning for an adventure, and this one seems fair enough, what's say we not try our hands at it?"

Taply's all for having our patron join us since he so desires.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill says to the man "Excellent, perhaps then if you are willing to be our guide we should leave at once!"
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar grabs his large shield and sharp bearded axe. He is ready to go face danger!
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

"alrighty, then we shall commence our walk there!" Terrance says in excitement. The party all prepares their equipment, weapons and books needed venture out beyond a space where safety is.

you leave the village as you step onto the path that leads further into the forest. Terrance gestures off to those that are his friends and also family back at the farm. Which he carries his trusty spear and much of his gear he uses for travelling to getting resources. Though much of travel is light for the group and head to the location.

The forest lush greens and winds blow over the trees, though with ease of movement. you see what appears to be a sign that appears to indicate three locations by name: Oldwin's home, Temple of Abus, City of Valenor. However Terrance points out from the nearby woods "that is Oldwin's place, you might notice some of bits and pieces of old houses near the entrance of his home. I believe he had close friends when he was around before his disappearance". The road continues east to see the temple and further north is Valenor.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Deckard turns to face his fellow adventurers

"Ah praise be to Abus! It would seem as though there is a Temple close by. Perhaps once we are done with some of the investigation, we might ask of the temple members if they have any insight as to happenings in this region?