Chapter 0: A fresh start

Rookie555's PbP

Moderator: Rookie555

daryen

Re: Chapter 0: A fresh start

Post by daryen »

Taply motions to Deckard to sling at the goblin on the, uh, right. Taply will fire an arrow at the one on the left. (If that makes us fire across each other, then reverse it.) They will attempt to make their shots as close together as possible. Hopefully, Grimlar can then charge as we fire.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Zill will attempt to sling a bullet but is obviously somewhat unpracticed so will be careful to not shoot before the other two shooters. Zill will simply target the closest goblin. (this should be fun).
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar waits for the arrows to fly, as soon as they fly - he will start his charge. His legs brace for action.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Deckard squares up along side Zill pacing himself to match Zill's timing and readying his sling and bullet.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Ok. Zilljan, Grimlar, Taply and Deckard. you all have the ability to ambush the goblins as knowing that they will be surprised. The combat ranks will be as follows:

Front Rank: Taply and Deckard ready their ranged weapons as they may wish to attack any goblins
Middle Rank: Zilljan and Grimlar are standing still but Zilljan readies a sling to attack a goblin if any shot were to miss

attack rolls, special rules and other actions may be performed as of now. Grimlar is allowed to move a rank in the 1st round and may approach into melee.

(I was trying to reply several times, but it logged me out when i would hit submit lol, so wording is different then I wanted to type.)
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Grimlar moves forward and advances towards the Goblins in a charge! (Page 45 of the rule book. I do have a spear btw, but instead of doing damage, I'd just like to hit the goblin with my shield and knock it prone for a few rounds, if that's allowed. I'm assuming the goblin would get a saving throw vs paralysis, but don't want to make any rulings. If using the rules alone, then I'll be wielding my spear to do +2 attack roll, and double damage if I hit).
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

(ah ok, then a shield bash) Grimlar charges towards one of the goblins and attempts to bash with his shield. Unfortunately a goblin is suddenly stunned without noticing the fighter within a flash. the goblin sits on the ground as the shield bash has been successful.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

(That's how it's DONE! I will wait till everyone else's actions are resolved and we know the initiative)
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

So pretty much for combat:

Front Rank: Grimlar upfront while Taply and Deckard are behind, but are considered middle rank still
Middle Rank: Zilljan has a sling readied, Taply and Deckard also ready their weapons.

The goblins are Front Rank and they have shortswords and wear armor.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Deckard attempts to shot the unprepared goblin with a sling and succeeds to having the stone bump the goblin's head and instantly knocks down the goblin and falls to the ground. The other goblin still sits on the ground stunned until the next round. However, the goblin looks to his horn as he is looking at the group.