AA1.6 Introduction

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

Mak

Re: AA1.6 Introduction

Post by Mak »

Ty moves closer to the boy and looks at him closely. "Listen, young lad -- what's your name again, by the way? -- don't you be bothered by my companions' gruffness. We're sorry for the plight your village is in. We're going to see what we can do... but the question right now is whether it makes sense to continue traveling by night, in this weather."

"You know the way -- what's it like? Will we be in danger of getting lost, or falling off a cliff? And more importantly: is there a warm bed waiting for us at the end? Because, quite frankly," and here Ty turns to eye the other members of the party, "I for one would be willing to walk four or five hours to be able to sleep in one!"
greg

Post by greg »

"I would be happy with either decision. I'll defer to the rest of the party."
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

OOC: To move things along we'll decide you guys rest the night, and get up to a bright shiny morning! You advance now to the village, and I rolled a bit, but no encounters (i.e. no forest boars, or orcs etc to bug ya!) So...

You approach the small village of Pineford. It is a beautiful place, scenic almost, with small cozy cottages built near a stream. walls cut up the pasture lands, and although forests dominate the peaks and valleys, some of the forest has been cut away for rolling hills of green pasture, dotted with sheep and the occasional shepherd.

Only a few buildings are here at the village proper, though you see farmholds and cotholds scattered over the hills, far off in the morning mist. 14 buildings total make up the village, all of them built on the tiny dirt road, now mostly mud and stone due to last nights storm. However, that has not stopped the halfling shepherds from enjoying their new morning, and many are already out and about, as well as a few human farmers, stooped over their fields. Some look at you as you pass, they nod, or wave, or just quietly access you. It is a welcoming community, but quiet, and one that works hard to survive.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

When we reach the buildings, Kogan will look around for the nearest inn looking for a place to clean up, and if no such luck, he will look for the nearest pub as you can normally find information there.
Mak

Post by Mak »

crazycrypt wrote:When we reach the buildings, Kogan will look around for the nearest inn looking for a place to clean up, and if no such luck, he will look for the nearest pub as you can normally find information there.
"Is is true what they say about dwarves and pubs?" asked Ty mischievously when Kogan announces his intentions.

"Seriously, though, it's a good idea. Hopefully some of the town notables will be on hand to provide more information."
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

Kos, where are the elders who wrote the note and who sent you?
greg

Post by greg »

"It's a lovely village, Kos. I'm glad you found us last night."
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Kos smiles, "Thank you! It is home!" He smiles and points, "The village elders are there, at the Shepherd's Hall" he points to a building across the way, and over the bridge. This building is large, with great glass windows. The walls are white washed, with a strong slate roof. Over the door is a small holy symbol, the same as the temple. A sign above the door reads "Shepherd's Hall." The building has a large grassy yard, carefully tended, and the building
itself is but a single room, dominated by a large table, and row after row of benches. The hall was built to regulate trade and is the last building of the village before you enter the pasture lands. Here shepherds can leave notices for each other, trade their herds, and also regulate the use of pasture land.
Mak

Post by Mak »

"Shall we anon, brethren?" says Ty. He often tries to sound more educated than he actually is.

With his long bow hooked casually over his shoulder, Ty marches into the Shepherd's Hall to see the elders.
mordrin

Post by mordrin »

OOC: Kogan wanted to hit a bar first. Either is fine with me