Season 1 - Episode 4: The Goblin Caves

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Summary

Post by JoeCarr28 »

So, a quick summary of the current situation:

Whilst Karl and Hiker guard the entrance to the goblins' living quarters, Tannen and Doughbert conduct a search for secret doors.

A badly injured Nivek sits close to the captured goblins, listening carefully in case they give away any more information.

Paladin remains slumped against the wall at the far end of the short east-west corridor, also badly wounded.

It takes Tannen and Doughbert about an hour to complete their search. [Rolls]. They do not find any secret doors.

Doughbert: HP 3/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 6/9.
Karl: HP 7/8.
Nivek: HP -1/7. Stabilised. No ‘0’ level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP -1/4. Stabilised.
Tannen: HP 6/9.
6 pm, 27th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Birthright »

"OK Doughbert, I helped you search, lets load up with the valuables and get these wounded companions of ours back to the old man's cave. We are in no shape to face returning goblins and these two" - here Tannen inclines his head in the direction of Nivek and Paladin - " need rest before we continue this mission."

Tannen approaches Hiker.

"Hiker. You fought well this day. We must rest up and heal Nivek and Paladin's wounds before we continue the search for Miss Alma. I can't promise anything, but it seems the goblin's have some kind of plan for her. I don't think they mean to harm her. You must show more of the courage you showed today, OK?"

[OOC: Joe, should I cross of another torch to cover the searching Tannen just did?]
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:[[OOC: Joe, should I cross of another torch to cover the searching Tannen just did?]
Yes please.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"ok I don't liek it, but if the group wants to risk traveling in the wilderness carrying injured then I will too. Lets tie these gobs so they have to wlak in a chain then check out the wolf room. If all we find are wolves then we can leave them for the hermit."
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hywaywolf wrote:"ok I don't liek it, but if the group wants to risk traveling in the wilderness carrying injured then I will too. Lets tie these gobs so they have to wlak in a chain then check out the wolf room. If all we find are wolves then we can leave them for the hermit."
Nivek nods to agree, "Perhaps a stretcher can be built to ease the burden?"
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Birthright wrote:
Tannen approaches Hiker.

"Hiker. You fought well this day. We must rest up and heal Nivek and Paladin's wounds before we continue the search for Miss Alma. I can't promise anything, but it seems the goblin's have some kind of plan for her. I don't think they mean to harm her. You must show more of the courage you showed today, OK?"
Hiker nods to Tannen and listened and then smiled, "Umm ok, I understand...thank you, momma would be proud on accounta' I killed them goblins' good fer taken Miss Alma and hurting Mr. Dwarf," then he added a stern guarding pose to enhance his point.
Last edited by Eevans on Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeCarr28

Paladin's Predicament

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You leave the chaos of the goblins’ living quarters and head back, south-west, towards the pools of oil and the short east-west passage where you left Paladin.

Doughbert leads the way. Tannen follows, guiding the three roped-up goblins. Karl once again assists the wounded Nivek. Hiker brings up the rear carrying the crate of wooden statues.

As you round the corner into the short east-west passage, you find that Paladin is no longer sitting against the far wall where you left him. Rather he seems to be lying, motionless, beneath one of the goblins you felled earlier. Worringly, one of the goblin's arms is draped around the halfling's neck.

Doughbert: HP 3/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 6/9.
Karl: HP 7/8.
Nivek: HP -1/7. Stabilised. No ‘0’ level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP -1/4. Stabilised.
Tannen: HP 6/9.
6 pm, 27th day of Harvestide.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I ready my dagger and then check on paladin watching the gob carefully
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

HIker, carrying statues does not notice when the rest of the group stops and inadvertently runs into the back of whomever he was behind due to having to carry his load.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Left me behind to die, whimpers Paladin. Looked me in the eyes, told me it was my fault, and then left me here among the dead. Paladin feebly clasps Doughbert's arm. Get me out of here brother, begs Paladin of Doughbert.