Season 2 - Episode 3: Abraham Hall

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Birthright

Re: Season 2 - Episode 3: Abraham Hall

Post by Birthright »

"Mr. Hall - I am sure my friends and I will do our level best to recover this gemstone for you. First, though, if I may be so bold as to enquire as to your proposed payment for the prompt return of your 'valuable'?"

Tannen also enquires as to the nature of this weir gang and their likely numbers, experience, armament and the possibility of spell-casters and a description of the gem...
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Easy enough for you to check about the sickos, says Paladin. Ask Shaw. In either case, I suspect the gem is further out of your control than you hoped. Plus, I'm not so keen on tussling with people that have been exposed to a highly contagious magical illness.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:"Mr. Hall - I am sure my friends and I will do our level best to recover this gemstone for you. First, though, if I may be so bold as to enquire as to your proposed payment for the prompt return of your 'valuable'?"
"Well, I understand from Bertrand that you were paid collectively a fee of 500 pieces of gold for your last job. I was thinking along similar lines here".

Doughbert: 4/5
Leo: HP 3/11
Nivek: HP 7/11. Spells remaining: no 1st level; four 0 level.
~6 pm, 16th day of Leaffall
The Marketstone Campaign at Obsidian Portal
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek steps forward, "aye, that is a fine offer. However, we are strangers in this city and may require some accomodations and consideration for our expenses. We shan't be camping in the woods for free like our last outing, eh?" and he waits for the idea to sink in a bit... "perhaps we can be paid 10 pieces of gold each daily for our incidentals, then the 500 gold crowns upon complettion of our task? That would be fair, eh Master Tannen?" as he looks for Tannen to affirm the party's counter.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

Gold

Post by JoeCarr28 »

SmootRK wrote:Nivek steps forward, "aye, that is a fine offer. However, we are strangers in this city and may require some accomodations and consideration for our expenses. We shan't be camping in the woods for free like our last outing, eh?" and he waits for the idea to sink in a bit... "perhaps we can be paid 10 pieces of gold each daily for our incidentals, then the 500 gold crowns upon complettion of our task? That would be fair, eh Master Tannen?" as he looks for Tannen to affirm the party's counter.
"Ahhh ... I can see you have a fine head for business Master Dwarf," Hall interjects, smiling. "You drive a hard bargain, but you have a deal."

Hall opens a drawer in his desk, pulls out a bag of coins, and gives you each 10 pieces of gold. "Here's your first daily installment. You'll each receive a further 10 gold coins for every subsequent day that you work for me. And there's 500 gold pieces waiting for you upon the safe return of the gemstone."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"We were paid 1000 gp for our last adventure since the farmer chipped in. And some of us died. We were out for many days and had horses stolen from us.: What is this gem worth? Seems to me if this was going to be an easy job they wouldn't need to be bringing in outside help. We already know a whole gang has started rotting, and I doubt that all of them touched it, so it probably has an area effect. So we know its going to be a hellish job. I would think $25 gold each a day and $5000 for the return is more fair."
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Hywaywolf wrote:"We were paid 1000 gp for our last adventure since the farmer chipped in. And some of us died. We were out for many days and had horses stolen from us.: What is this gem worth? Seems to me if this was going to be an easy job they wouldn't need to be bringing in outside help. We already know a whole gang has started rotting, and I doubt that all of them touched it, so it probably has an area effect. So we know its going to be a hellish job. I would think $25 gold each a day and $5000 for the return is more fair."
and
SmootRK wrote:Nivek steps forward, "aye, that is a fine offer. However, we are strangers in this city and may require some accomodations and consideration for our expenses. We shan't be camping in the woods for free like our last outing, eh?" and he waits for the idea to sink in a bit... "perhaps we can be paid 10 pieces of gold each daily for our incidentals, then the 500 gold crowns upon complettion of our task? That would be fair, eh Master Tannen?" as he looks for Tannen to affirm the party's counter.
Tannen would have interjected before Hall responded... (He thinks Nivek is a bit too generous in his terms!)

[OOC: Guys can we go to the OOC thread and discuss this before we make 6 contradictory offers...?]
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: we aren't really in a position to talk about this unless we leave the room and talk among ourselves.)
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: we aren't really in a position to talk about this unless we leave the room and talk among ourselves.)
Depends on Joe and how he wants to run. In our FTF games, OOC strategising like this is done all the time - presumably a discussion the characters had at an earlier time.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't mind working it out in OOC, but my first inclination will be to talk in character until someone else brings it up OOC. We are a pretty random bunch of PCs who probably would act just like this in character lol.