Interested in a BFRPG play-by-post?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Interested in a BFRPG play-by-post?

Post by Solomoriah »

I think I'm going to run a relatively short play-by-post. Anyone interested should post here.

I'll be using the core rules, plus the following supplements:
Gnomes (including magic-user/thieves for gnomish or elvish characters)
Half-Humans
Armor and Shields
Combat Options
Thief Options

I'm looking for four players. Only core classes are allowed, and there is a no repeats rule in effect. To generate a character, first download the Quick Character Generation supplement, choose a row on the ability score table (you don't have to roll it), choose a race and class, and post it here.

The No Repeats rule:
Each core class represented once (combo classes count as just one of the base classes)
No demi-human race may be represented more than once (but multiple humans are allowed)
No two characters may use the same row on the Quick Character Generation table (post the row number when you post your character)

All you need to post to reserve your spot is race, class, and row number; get that in, then you can go back and fill in the rest of the details later.

For example:
Human, Magic-User, row 15
When completing your character, you have 120 GP to spend. All characters start with maximum hit points for their race and class. Everyone starts at 0 XP.

If you're playing a magic-user, choose two 1st level spells which your character knows (besides Read Magic of course).

This is a dungeon crawl, so prepare accordingly.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Re: Interested in a BFRPG play-by-post?

Post by Hywaywolf »

Hafling thief row 5
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

BTW, are we using attributes in strict order? If not, then I would rather have row 16 :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, in strict order.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

2 questions that I know will come up so I will ask them now. Can a thief wear studded leather armor without penalty? And can a thief use his off hand weapon defensively, essentially as a shield, without penalty to his primary weapon?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:2 questions that I know will come up so I will ask them now. Can a thief wear studded leather armor without penalty?
Yes. This isn't plainly stated, since Armor & Shields and Thief Options don't refer to each other.
Hywaywolf wrote:And can a thief use his off hand weapon defensively, essentially as a shield, without penalty to his primary weapon?
Yes, according to Combat Options, he can. Note that the defensive bonus of +1 to AC only affects a single melee attack.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Finally made it on the boards! I feel like I just beat the Tomb of Horrors.

So, I'd like to play a half-orc fighter called Grumm using row 2 of the quick character generator stats (which seem very generous to me - if you'd like to shave a few points off the Intelligence or Charisma score, I'm cool with that).

Let me know what the next step in character creation is - I don't want to get ahead of things. I loved Basic Fantasy when it came out and have always wanted to play the game.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Cool.

I'm thinking an elf MU sounds good. One question before I settle on a row; do you give bonus spells for high INT? If so, then row 13 seems the right choice. If not, I may choose another row.
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No, sorry. We don't have a supplement that does that, and I'm using only published sources for this game.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

That's cool.

I'll play an Elf, MU, row 8.

I'm debating about whether to go w/ MU/Thief, if that would be OK.