Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Blazeguard

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Blazeguard »

It's all sorted out now. Solo had missed adding the level-up to the character sheet thread so when he said follow the instructions in the thread...silly me, I did. :P
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Blazeguard wrote:Howdy. Looking forward to joining the party. :)
Welcome!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Just thinking as I posted. What if we all go down the rope and then whoever/whatever is coming cuts the rope or pulls it up? You haven't figured out the secret door yet so we might get stuck down there.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt opened the secret door from the back side once. He can probably do it a again. Plus there is likley another pit at the other end of the tunnels since there was one leading down on the first level
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

So, where do we want to face these guys? With the rope, the illusion will probably be obvious to them and they'll follow us. That means facing them in the room above or down below, where we may also have to face the serpent.

I wish we had put a spike in under the illusion and attached the rope there. That way we would know the way down, but it wouldn't be obvious from above.

Also, we do need to shake these guys. Otherwise, all they have to do to rob us is follow us from a distance, let us fall into traps and get beaten up by monsters, then take the treasure from us while we're too weak to resist.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Just my .02

Defending from attackers above is always more difficult than fighting on level ground. Now saying that I would think it would be nigh impossible for them to attack from above so they will have to shimmy down the rope to fight. While they climb down we may be able to harass them with our ranged weapons.

If we climb back up we can try to corral them in the doorway and pick them off one at a time.

I would feel safer fighting up top without the chance of a giant snake popping up behind us at the most inopportune time.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Up top we are closer to the Inn in case we need to make a run for it.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I'm leaning toward facing them up top, as well. (Does Grumm want to weigh in on this one?)

Now, do we fight or bluff?

Maybe Timorel could use his sleep spell, and we could threaten any who make their save with lightning bolts.

Also, we could try to warn them by noting they are on the property of the local ruler, from whom we have permission to be here.

I wonder how they got into the caverns in the first place.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'd hate to use the sleep spell so soon, but we don't even know if it is the dwarf's, but it probably was. II say lets sleep their ass in surprise.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Well, jstater hasn't weighed in, but it looks like three of us think we should face them up top, so let's do that.