Chapter 9

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Blazeguard

Re: Chapter 9

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken will help Grumm search the body and will then head back to lend aid to Timorel if needed.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

At exactly 0 hit points, Timorel was already stable.

Searching the vaguely dog-faced creatures, Grumm and Rykken found little other than oddly-carved bits of rock and bone, and a handful of battered coins. All told, they came up with twelve copper pieces, five silver pieces, and two gold pieces.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: at 0 hp does that mean if he gets a healing spell he will get all the HP rolled?)
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm is happy to let Ryken hold the loot. He'll remain on guard.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt: Yes.

All: So what are you going to do now?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

A dire feeling that he's left something undone* grips Timorel. Despite the welcoming bright lights and the voices of loved ones just ahead, he stops, turns, and courageously moves away from the light. He must go back!

*He's left the oven on.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken returns just in time to see Timorel heading off down the hallway. "Hey, Timorel, where are you going!?" Rykken will rush after him and attempt to (gently) restrain him. "You need to rest. Wherever it is you are heading it can wait for a few more minutes." After (hopefully) getting him calmed down, Rykken will go through the fantasy equivalent of the first responder check. "What's your name? Where are you? How many monsters attacked you? How many mauls am I holding?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Sorry, Blazeguard. Since Timorel is unconscious, I was attempting humor, something that isn't my strong suit at times. You know the near-death experiences where people die (or nearly die) and see a light, and they go toward it, but something calls them back to this world? I was playing on that.

(Although, for the sake of humor, if the GM allows, I'd be happy for Timorel to be delirious and trying to go home to put out the fire in the stove.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I took his response as a joke too. Laughed, even.

As soon as the other two check in, we'll get moving.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: It was very funny. I'm just waiting for the cleric to heal him so we can move on. BTW, did Timorel lose his spell?)