Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
jstater

Re: Chapter 10

Post by jstater »

Grumm chuckles at the halfling's remark.

"I know well of the goblin war m'lord. Their blood runs in my own veins, after all. From what I can piece together, a terrible and ancient evil dwelled below the inn. Whether they were in league with the goblins, or merely found their chance for mischief, they struck the Crown Prince and likely turned him into something awful."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Now that I think about it, and we only saw the thing for a few seconds before it became a toasted corpse, it looked more like a troglodyte than a Crown Prince."

Shybolt thought on that a moment longer, then spoke again. "So I guess you should probably hold off from packing up for a little longer."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: I guess that's it for the flashback. I edited the entry of the night before we left for the Baron's to reflect the shopping trip & Timorel preparing his spells. Also, he has written a letter asking his master for advice, but there was no way to send it before they left Redbluff.

EDIT: Well, not quite it. We have to decide what we did about the armor, etc., and the captured dwarf. See the OOC Chat thread.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Sir Bedivere wrote:"Well, this adds an intriguing layer to the situation. Could you tell us, m'lord, how we would recognize the Crown Prince, any heraldric device or personal item we might find?"
So, how does the Baron reply?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: we left the armor in our rooms, and the dwarf is in a safe place < don't know where, but he's there. So it will all hold till later.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sir Bedivere wrote:"Well, this adds an intriguing layer to the situation. Could you tell us, m'lord, how we would recognize the Crown Prince, any heraldric device or personal item we might find?"
"His device is that of his family, with a lesser crown than that of the King's upon it. Gravis, don't we have a book on our nation's heraldry hereabouts?"

"Yes sir, I believe we do. Shall I go and fetch it?"

"No, that won't be necessary. You may do so after we have eaten. T'will be soon enough, friend elf?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Of course. I was just wondering if we might have seen anything that would give us a clue about what happened."

OOC
Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: we left the armor in our rooms, and the dwarf is in a safe place < don't know where, but he's there. So it will all hold till later.)
If Solomoriah is cool w/ that, then good. Still, I'd like to tie this loose end up.

/OOC
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"M'lord, we found a couple of curious pieces of writing in the passages beneath Redbluff. I could not decipher them, but I thought my master, who is quite knowledgeable in various languages, might be able to. Is there any way we could send a message to him to ask his counsel in this matter?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"I suppose you could hire someone to carry a message to him," mused the Baron. "We don't get the King's Post here anymore."

The food was plentiful, but quite plain; the dishes and silverware worn and a bit shabby, like the rest of the things in the fortress, and the fortress itself. At length, when everyone had eaten their fill, the Baron suggested the menfolk retire to his study. A servant brought two bottles of wine and enough glasses to go around, and as the wine was distributed, the Baron waved a hand at the bookcases in the room. "For whatever it is worth, you have the use of my library. Much of the history of the region is recorded here. Once we even had a scribe to write it down." He paused for a sip of wine. "Of course, that was when things still happened here."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will enjoy the wine and retire to his room as soon as possible. He's uncomfortable around this nobility, and doesn't entirely trust these folks.