Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt, worried that the Baron was looking for a payout to help with the maintenance of this mausoleum, adds that other than a floor to sleep on and food to eat, they'd haven't profited much from their delving.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel nods ruefully at Shybolt's mention of our lack of financial returns from our delving.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will look about to see if there are any suits of plate around for decoration.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: I've read through the first nine chapters, and I have a request & a question.

Could we do a quick flashback to chapter 9 (in that thread) to possibly dispose of some of the loot before we head off to see the baron? (See the Synopsis thread for the loot we've accumulated. -- No, see the flashback in chapter 9 for it.)

Also, is Shybolt still bleeding from his top orifices?
Last edited by Sir Bedivere on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, Shybolt is still bleeding. Glad you noticed that...

Flashback approved, carry on.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As Timorel completed his tale, and Shybolt moaned at the lack of treasure, the Baron leaned back in his chair. "So it is true, then, that there are tunnels under Redbluff where monsters roam. Let me tell you a story.

"Many years ago, in my father's time, this barony was growing and thriving. Then the goblins began raiding us, and then the raids became a war. The Goblin War, surely you've heard of it? So my father sent to the capitol for aid as his men struggled to hold back the tide of goblins, and he was surprised when the aid came in the form of several companies of infantry and archers under the command of the Crown Prince himself.

"It was a short war once they arrived. The goblins fell like wheat before the scythe, and everything was put to rights. When at last the fighting was over, the remaining goblins fleeing in full rout, the Crown Prince returned to Redbluff with his senior staff to prepare for redeployment.

"Then the Crown Prince disappeared. He was housed in the very same inn where you have been staying; he had made it his headquarters for the redeployment. His senior staff was staying there as well, and though the building was not under any sort of guard, there were loyal soldiers nearby at all times. Yet, he disappeared without a trace, his arms, armor, and equipment left behind. A massive search was mounted, lasting more than two months, to no avail.

"The King himself arrived during the search, and he was very, very angry. When at last the search was called off due to the onset of winter, the King ordered that my father and his entire line should not be allowed to leave the barony until such time as the fate of the Crown Prince were discovered.

"Though he did not punish us in any other way, the reputation of the barony was severely damaged. Slowly, people began to move away, until things became as you see them now."

Gravis spoke up then. "You see, now, why we are so interested in what you have found. If the final fate of the Crown Prince were to be discovered, we would finally be free of our exile."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: I've posted our accumulated loot (such as it is) in the flashback.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt blurts out, "Well we did torch a kingly looking undead that was chained up in a room. Might that have been him? "
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel arches an eyebrow at Shybolt* and, before the comment can sink in, says, "Well, this adds an intriguing layer to the situation. Could you tell us, m'lord, how we would recognize the Crown Prince, any heraldric device or personal item we might find?"

*He's given up on sour looks; little the halfling says shocks him anymore.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken cringes inwardly at Shybolt's outburst and tries to give him a little jab discretely and motions for him to be quiet.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.