AetherCon

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

Re: AetherCon

Post by Hywaywolf »

yeah, I had seen that. I don't know why since on roll20 the DM has control over who can join the game anyway. I suppose they thought they would have a lot more people than they did.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

It doesn't matter anymore now since the con is over. I just hope they take any constructive feedback and utilize it. For a beta test it went ok. It ran more like an alpha test but I still feel they tried to run before crawling.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I know the guy running the thing said they had some good ideas from the vendors to mull over. I also don't see why they don't run it quarterly. This isn't an in person con where you need to save up money for a motel, pay the entrance fee, restaurant food, etc.

They should also set up games for just text chat, audio chat and audio/video chat. That way you seperate the people who don't have the equipment for the A/V chat.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

They should also leave the venders out of it and concentrate on just getting the games running. One thing at a time. I would have no problem with it being quarterly if they got the code fixed or looked into a different model of presentation of the games. Something more coherent and consolidated. My suggestion about using the OX and Mule as the staging point would work. They were already giving out room links there.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Its already hard enough to have a coherent chat in the Ox and Mule without adding recruiting for every single game they run. The GM has to post the same request every minute for however long it takes to get enough players. Now multiply that by 10-15 games. It would be a madhouse. Separate the General chat from the recruiting. We are all internet people, we know how to have two chat rooms open at once.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I also suggested early on that I had hoped the Ox and Mule would be like the early days of internet chat rooms where everyone had avatars and quote bubbles (and of course a running text chat on the bottom) then we could look like we were hanging out in a real tavern :) And instead of 5 separate conversations all rolling together people would group together to have conversations. And a GM could stand to the side asking for players and if you wanted to play you just walked over to him.

That didn't get much traction :). Too old school I guess.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Hywaywolf wrote:I also suggested early on that I had hoped the Ox and Mule would be like the early days of internet chat rooms where everyone had avatars and quote bubbles (and of course a running text chat on the bottom) then we could look like we were hanging out in a real tavern :) And instead of 5 separate conversations all rolling together people would group together to have conversations. And a GM could stand to the side asking for players and if you wanted to play you just walked over to him.

That didn't get much traction :). Too old school I guess.

That would have been cool but it might have encouraged rping to happen right there in the general chat room.

:)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

OMG. Not RPing at a rpg con?!? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I heard talk about something called Indie+? Similar thing or different?
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

dymondy2k wrote:I heard talk about something called Indie+? Similar thing or different?
don't know but a quick search came up with this
http://indieplus.org/doku.php
Indie+ : A virtual convention celebrating independent game publishers, writers, artists, podcasters and bloggers on Google+

Indie+ is a thrice-yearly Google+ convention about indie games, the people who make them, and the people who blog / podcast / write about them.

We use Google Hangouts with its On-Air feature to run a series of panels, talks, and discussion groups featuring as many indie-type people as possible, and we run indie games using Google+, Tabletop Forge, etc.

For more information, see the sidebar.